14

erika's pov

the next morning, i awoke to a different mug with the same sweet coffee inside. i sent my streaks and happily took it, sipping on the hot beverage on my way down the stairs. i expected daniel to be sitting at the counter, so i said thank you, but came to see he was nowhere in sight.

i set the cup on the table and turned the tv on, flipping to greys anatomy and taking my warm drink. i sat on the couch and took out my phone. "hey..." daniel's quiet voice echoed in my almost silent house. i heard the door creaking, open and closed.

"what's up? and thank you," i said, holding up the drink and looking into his eyes. he made his way over to my side, sitting next to me and grabbed the blanket on the footrest.

after he was settled, he gazed into my eyes. "staring is rude." i said and he snapped back into consciousness. "sorry, it's... a little harder when you're here." he said cheekily, smiling his gap-toothed smile at me.

i looked away, feeling the blush spread across my cheeks. "your ears are scarlet, and don't deny it," he said with a laugh. knowing he saw my embarrassment, i turned back around and looked at him.

"you really can be a good guy."

-:-

"put those back!"

daniel, instead of putting the three bags of dove chocolates back, grabbed six more. "you know i'm going to eat those in a few minutes max!!" i said. he smiled and tossed them into the cart.

we were at the grocery store gathering food. both of us were still uncertain about how long we would be stuck in time like we were. i grabbed some starbucks hot chocolate packs and coffee packets, adding them to our things.

😗

we arrived home with two shopping carts because daniel didn't want to have to carry the bags. i guess i wouldn't have either. we rolled them into my apartment and started unpacking all the food and supplies we got.

"thanks for doing these things with me daniel."

written 10/6/18

edited 10/6/18

published 10/6/18