13

erika's pov

"haha, really," i said, and rolled my eyes, but daniel looked serious. i silenced and he opened his mouth as to say something. "corbyn and jonah used to bully me," he said, looking into my eyes.

"when i heard they had a squad, i proved myself worthy to be in it," he continued and gave a small smile. "zach came latest and stood up with me, so it was just me and him."

i half-smiled back at him. "you really are a different person when you aren't being a jerk," i said. he laughed and got up, setting his blanket on the couch. "i'm going to go grab some clothes from my apartment, brb." he said, and i watched him leave.

i couldn't possibly like daniel, right? he had been so mean to me over the years, and i suddenly forgive him when time stops? i guess there being no worry about the world, i have the time.

i sat dozing off until i heard my door open. daniel entered wearing new sweatpants and a black, plain hoodie. "welcome back," i said with a smile. he returned a grin and placed himself on the couch. i shut the lid of the container and sat next to him.

we were silent, but i felt something unusual which gave me a reason not to talk.

daniel eventually said his goodbyes and went to his apartment to sleep, so i headed upstairs to my took to do the same. i sent my streaks, turned off my light, and tried to sleep, but i was restless.

i laid on my back, staring at the pitch black ceiling i couldn't see and wondered what there was to come, and if i would be stuck in this small world with daniel forever.