May

I woke up sighing. It was hard to stay asleep after weeks of not going anywhere, and missing your first travel partners when you do decide to continue. I looked over at my Pokeballs, and thought again of Ash and Brock. Ash should be in Kalos now, and Brock would be at home, possibly helping the gym, though his true intentions were to continue training to be the best Pokemon breeder.

PHWOOSH.

Wartortle came out of his Pokeball and made ice around; trying to tell me he was ready for another contest.

"Oh Wartortle. I know you like contests, but should we? I mean, I don't want to leave Max..." I whispered, cuddling Wartortle before returning him to his Pokeball and scooping them all up.

"May! Breakfast!" Max called to me and I sighed, actually getting dressed in some day clothes. I ran to the table, where Max was placing food down.

"Hey Max."

"Hey lazy head."

RING. RING.

"I'll get it!" Max called dashing to the phone, and he got to it before I did.

"Max!"

"Hey Drew!" Max said loudly, purposely trying to piss me off. Even though he was smaller than me, he did a great job at keeping the phone away.

"Max! Hand it over!"

"Yea, she is here. But why don't you talk to me?" Max continued on, trying to ignore me until Dad plucked it out of his hands.

"Sorry Drew. May is busy." He said, hanging up the phone and staring at me, making me cross my arms in annoyance.

"Dad! Come on! It might be about a new adventure!" I sighed as Max stuck a tongue out at me, which I ignored.

"You are busy; I want Max to pick some berries from the forest. You can go with him." Dad said, muttering as an afterthought "and so I can get him out of my hair."

"After I do this can I call back Drew to find out why he was calling?" I asked, wondering if I would need to start begging Dad, but he nodded.

"Sure. But nothing is to be done before you eat breakfast."

-A Couple of Hours Later-

"Hey Drew. Sorry for what happened this morning... Did you have something to tell me?" I asked. Max was in his room until I had finished, so I didn't have to deal with him.

"Yea. I'm going to Kanto for the contest, and thought maybe you might want to join me." Drew replied, it sounded crackly over the line, which was weird. Since when was Drew away from signal?

"Oh. What brings the sudden invitation?" I asked, blushing a little. I didn't know why I wanted to know why the invitation came... I had already decided to say yes.

"Well, Harley was going to be there. And he said that traveling alone has made him stronger, so I want to prove that two coordinators, one really good, one average..."

"I'm not average!"

"Could travel with each over and get stronger then him." Drew finished, ignoring my interruption. I almost gave a small giggle, but managed to keep it in.

"Sure, I would love to travel again, and any chance to kick Harley's butt is a chance I can't live without." I exclaimed, and turned to Dad, who nodded.

"Take Max with you." He mouthed and I rolled my eyes.

"As long as Max can come."

"I guess. See you there, tomorrow, just after noon." Drew replied and he hung up, without saying a single goodbye.

"See you there." I said, putting the phone away.

"Yay! Another adventure! I'm packing!" Max called from the hallway and I gasped.

"You eavesdrop!" I yelled, running after him.