Layla

I came back to the Pokemon Center wearing the black dress, and giggling happily. I knew Dawn had some doubts when I picked it, but after trying it on, she was going crazy, almost forcing me to buy it. The only problem was that the head band wasn't really visible, but that was OK. We could work on that. I stepped in and looked at the boys, who just stared from the video phone, where Ash was just staring. I blushed and continued smiling.

"She looks amazing, doesn't she?" Dawn exclaimed, walking next to me in her new pink dress. And then May came in, wearing one of the multiple dresses she had. She was wearing a blue and green dress thing that looked a lot like her usual clothing.

"Wow..." Kenny said, staring at all of us, but mostly Dawn. Drew's jaw almost dropped at the sight of May, but I just sighed. Paul was still emotionless, though I was glad that Ash looked surprised. I bet he hadn't ever seen me wear something so black.

"You look... Gorgeous girls." Harley said from the courner, and I held back my annoyance. I can beat him in the contest, and maybe win the whole thing.

"Why just buy a whole lot of new dresses." Paul asked, and May smiled, twirling.

"Because. Layla had nothing to wear for the contest, and I got carried away! I think I have a dress for every day of the year!" May admitted, and I shivered slightly. I didn't usually buy clothes.

"That looks nice on you Layla. I hope your enjoying your journey." Ash said, and I smiled again. I loved getting his feedback, but I valued Gary's more.

"Thanks, and I am." I replied nervously. I hadn't talked to Ash since the argument.

"Layla. We should go sign up!" May called, dragging me, and I nodded. Dawn followed, but Drew and Kenny just stayed behind, until Drew went to train. They must have already signed up for the contest.

"Bye Ash." I called to him and released myself from May's grip and went to sign up.

"Three coordinators! Here are our Pokedex's." Dawn said, wrestling May's and my Pokedex to show the person. I still shivered nervous, and then smiled kindly. Drew had told me that the contest would be difficult, at least the first one.

"Lovely. I hope you'll be ready tomorrow." The lady said, smiling, and we all nodded.

-Time Skip (Sorry for so many) Contest Day-

I sat nervously in the waiting room. I knew Gary would be watching, and with any luck Ash will be too. Paul might be in the stands, or training for the gym.

"Layla? Are you OK?" Kenny asked, walking up to me. He probably understood, but it was glad that someone came to talk.

"Kenny. I'm so scared..." I whispered, and he sat next to me.

"It's OK. The first one is the scariest, but you will only get better. Which Pokemon are you going to use?" He asked, and I sighed.

"I'm not saying which Pokemon. But get ready, because they are both ready!" I exclaimed, jumping up excitedly.