Thirty One

Shawn's POV:

I parked my car and ran into the building. The elevator was taking too long, so I sprinted up eight flights of stairs to get to the floor I knew she'd be on. After spending months of consultations, surgery prep, surgery, recovery, and physical therapy in this hospital, I knew it like the back of my hand.

I ran to the reception desk.

Shawn: "Alexa Coleman!" I said, panicking.

She looked on her computer before looking back at me.

Receptionist: "what is your relation to Ms. Coleman sir?"

Shawn: "I'm her boyfriend" I said, able to predict what she would say next

Receptionist: "I'm afraid only family may see her at this time"

Shawn: "please! Her mother is stuck in traffic, who knows how long it'll take her to get here!" I said, the panic in my voice increasing tremendously.

Receptionist: "when Mrs. Coleman arrives, if she permits you to enter the room, then, and only then, may you enter" she said coldly. She probably deals with people like me everyday, but can't she have an ounce of sympathy?

Shawn: "fine" I muttered before going to take a seat.

20 minutes later Mrs. Coleman arrived. She ran to the reception desk, and instantly went into the room. I waited for about ten minutes until she walked out. As I approached her, I could see her eyes were puffy and bloodshot like she had been crying just before.

Shawn: "Mrs. Coleman" I said in a soft voice

She looked up at me before bursting into tears once more.

I hugged her for a minute while she cried before asking the question I had been dying to ask someone for the last half hour.

Shawn: "is she okay? What happened? What did they say?"

Mrs. Coleman: "they're saying that she swerved off the road and crashed into a pole. She hit her head on the steering wheel before going unconscious"

Shawn: "oh my god" I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth "she'll be okay though, right?" I asked, nervous of the answer.

Mrs. Coleman: "they don't know. She lost a lot of blood, and nobody knows how long she was unconscious before someone realized and the paramedics arrived" she let out little sobs after every few words.

Shawn: "can I see her" I asked, my eyes bloodshot, and my hands shaking.

Mrs. Coleman: "y-yes of course" she said sniffling, before walking towards the bathrooms.

I walked in to see Alexa hooked up to an IV, with her head bandaged, and her eyes closed. I moved closer to her and tried to hear her heartbeat. She was unconscious, but thank god she was still breathing.

Her face was so pale, and her cheeks were wet and shiny. It looked like she had been crying. She probably was. She was crying because of what she thinks I did, so she couldn't see or think straight, so she crashed her car and got knocked out. This is my fault, and nobody can tell me that it isn't, because I know it is.

If she doesn't wake up, it's going to be my fault. I'm the reason she's in bandages, hooked up to an IV, surrounded by doctors trying to stop her from dying.

It's all my fault. My fucking fault.

***
Author's Note:
Thanks for reading chapter 31!!
If you want to follow me on my socials, my Instagram is @1d.mendes_updates
and my Twitter is @OneDirecShawn98
Love you guys! -ShawnsDirectionxx
❣️❣️❣️