Chapter 22

You spent the day eating pretty much, you didn't want to train or do anything that required much movement or thought, just wanted to relax. You had Diamond City radio on, you found Travis's nervousness cute and somehow calming. But soon, a song is disrupted suddenly. "Uuummmm, sorry for the interruption but, this is probably the biggest news in umm... eveerrr.. the institute.. well it's umm, it's gone. The brotherhood and that giant ship thing that they have, they went and smashed up the institute with it! And well.. I guess we can all sleep better now.. you know? Uhhh well anyways uhh, back to the music." That definitely grabbed your attention, but you didn't move. You just thought it was good that Danse didn't have to fight in that war, and that Shaun would be brought back to you soon.

"Going down." You here the elevator say. "Shit..." You say under your breath. Quickly you grab your gun and wack on a bit of armour. You just hope it isn't anyone that will be too much of a challenge. You place yourself in the middle of the room with your rifle facing the elevator. "(Y/n)?" You hear a familiar voice call, you keep the gun there, narrowing your eyes. "Just get out of here Elde-" you cut yourself off, a small child emerges from next to the elder. "Mom..?" It says, you stand up. "W-Who's this?" You ask, dropping your gun. "This is Shaun, your son." You stand there confused "No it's not, wheres the real Shaun??" You cry, th kid runs up to you and hugs you. "But I am the real Shaun? Don't you remember me?" The child says, looking up at you with wide scared eyes, the same colour as Nate's. You look at the Elder he just nods and returns into the elevator. "Yes.. that's right. I'm... in your mum." You say smiling, you get on your knees and hug Shaun tightly. You don't want to know what happened to the real Shaun, even though you already know. You just want to enjoy your time with the new Shaun, your son.

~~~

Sorry this is short, there's some good shit coming 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏