Prologue~The Hunt

A low orange glow filled the large dark room. Multiple rows of long old wooden tables stretched across the room.Stoick slammed his large fist on the table causing a couple of maps to roll off the table. He runs his hand through his thick red bushy beard.

A deep moan echoes throughout the room, "Sorry Skullcrusher, I just don't get it! How is it possible that I can't find this guy. I've sent out a dozen ships, scouted every island and still nothing?!" Stoick glances into his dragon's concerned eyes. He softened pushing his body off the bench, reaching out to touch his Dragon's rough scales, "We won't give up."

"Dad? What are you doing?"

Stoick looks over his shoulder to see his scrawny son's arms crossed against his caved in chest, "Nothing really, just some Chief duties."

He watched his son shake his head, "Dad I heard what you said. Who are you looking for?"

Stoick narrowed his eyes, "Son, I already told you, this is my business. It just has to do with the safety of my people. Nothing that you need to concern yourself with."

Hiccup walked closer to his father, "C'mon dad, haven't you been telling me that I should be involved in these Chief duties? Maybe I can help you find-"

"No!" He watched his son's eyes widen before taking a slow deep breath, "I can't let you get associated with this guy. He's extremely dangerous, powerful man."

Hiccup raised an eyebrow as Stoick gripped his son's shoulders, "Promise me you won't go looking for him."

A soft sigh escaped from his son's lips, "I....Alright fine."

"Thank you, now off to bed alright?"

Stoick watched his scrawny son disappear into the darkness, "Goodnight dad."

"Goodnight son."