Court p2

„Well at least we still have some time" Mary said, patting Archie on the back

„Yeah but not that much time" Archie sighed.

„Enough time though" Veronica said, hugging him.

„How about we all go to pops?" Fred asked, knowing it would most likely cheer everyone up.

„Sounds like a plan" Hermione smiled.

They all exited the courthouse and headed towards pops. Hermione, Mary, Tom, Sierra and Fred walked in front, followed by Archie, Veronica, Josie, Kevin, Betty, Jughead and Cheryl. The only ones missing were Alice and FP, and it definitely didn't go unnoticed. Everyone was secretly trying to come up with a reason as to what they had seen earlier that day. The teens were utterly puzzled but the parents had a good idea of why they weren't there.

They reached pops and all managed to squeeze into two booths. The kids took one and the parents took the other.

While the kids were busy discussing what they were going to do for the next few days, the parents decided to talk about what happened earlier.

"So you're saying she didn't mention anything?" Fred asked Mary and Hermione, who in synergy shook their heads.

"She only told the kids, but they both lied and said they were somewhere else" Hermione said.

"They're definitely hiding something" Tom said.

"Yeah but what? A relationship is pretty obvious, but I wanna know what they were doing in court" Mary exclaimed.

"I don't have a good feeling about this" Hermione sighed.

The group continued talking until the door swung open abruptly and Alice came running through. She had tear stained cheeks and looked like she was out of breath. She pressed her hands against her head and took long, deep breaths. Betty noticed her mother's state and was about to get up when the door burst open again.

"Alice!" Hal yelled, going after Alice.

"Leave me alone!" Alice shouted, but Hal was getting closer and closer to her.

Betty stared at her father and how aggressive he was being towards her mother. The parents immediately sensed what was going on and began getting up. They too were stopped as a third person entered. It was FP.

"Get the fuck away from her!" He yelled, pulling Hal away from Alice and punching him in the face.

"She's my wife!" Hal screamed.

"Yeah well she won't be much longer. You heard what the judge said!" FP yelled back, going over to Alice and standing in front of her protectively.

"Fuck you FP! It's all your fault!" Hal yelled.

"Just leave, Hal. It's not worth it"

Hal groaned before turning around and leaving. FP turned to Alice and cupped her cheek with hand.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine. Thank you, FP"

"Hey, I'm always there for you no matter what"

Alice just smiled and pulled him into a hug. The others just stared, speechless. The kids were even more confused but the parent had it all figured out.

"Come on, let me take you home" FP said, reaching out for Alice's hand and leading her out.