Pain 2

It had been approximately 2 weeks since their little rendezvous. During that time Alice had filed for divorce and the pair of them decided to keep their newly rekindled relationship a secret. Since Alice only worked half days and FP's shifts at the construction site varied throughout the week they had a lot of time for each other.

It was a Monday morning and Alice had agreed to stop by FP's trailer after dropping the children off at school.

FP patiently waited for her but when she didn't come he got worried. Alice was never one to be late especially since it was a weekday and she had other priorities too. FP waited another five minutes before deciding to call her cell. The phone rang but there was no response. FP tried again but still nobody picked up.

FP didn't hesitate and immediately left the trailer to find Alice. He feared for the worst. Maybe Hal was back or worse, she regretted their relationship and the events of the past weeks. FP was in doubt for most of the journey and once he reached the Cooper residence he ran up to the door and began knocking.

"Alice? Are you there?"

No response.

"Alice please!" FP yelled getting increasingly nervous.

Suddenly the door opened and Alice appeared. Her eyes were red and her tear stained cheeks didn't go unnoticed.

"Oh my god Al, what happened?" FP asked pulling her into a hug.

Alice didn't answer, she just broke down in tears. FP held her close and tried to calm her down.

"Al, honey what's wrong?"

Alice pulled away and tried her best to stop crying. She bit her lip nervously.

"Alice, please"

"FP, I'm so sorry"

"Alice you're scaring me. Please tell me. Wha-„

"I'm pregnant"

FP was shocked. He didn't know what to say. Of course the thought crossed his mind that it could be his but he realised that they had been safe and after finding out about what Hal did to Alice it was pretty obvious what happened.

Alice saw the expression on FP's face and exploded into tears again.

"Shhh it's ok, you're ok" He said pulling her close again.

Alice wasn't expecting this reaction from him but gladly leaned into his embrace.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and we can sort this out" FP said kissing her forehead and helping her back in the house.

He fetched her a fresh set of clothes and got her some water. They both sat down in the living room nervously contemplating. There was a long silence before Alice spoke.

"Please don't make me get rid of it" Alice winced.

"No, god no, Al I'd never do that to you" FP said taking her hands into his and placing a gentle kiss on them.

Alice smiled slightly but it quickly faded. "I don't want this baby to grow up without a father, FP. Hal is.. he's so-"

"He's a horrible person, I know, and he doesn't have to be a part of this"

"I can't do this alone though. I'm so sorry FP.. it's all my fault I-" Alice began
hyperventilating.

"Alice, Al baby calm down. I'll be there every step of the way. I'm going to help you through this and we'll raise this child together"

"What.." Alice was surprised that he was so positive about the whole situation. „You're not leaving me?"

„Come on Al. I'm crazy about you and I won't let anything get in the way of that. I've missed you so much and there's not a day these last few years that I haven't regretted letting you go. You've always been it for me Alice. I love you so much"

FP meant what he said. Alice was the one and he knew he'd make a fool of himself if he let her go again. Of course it hurt him that it wasn't his but he knew he had to be there for Alice.

„I love you too" Alice said pulling him into a gentle kiss.

„Anyway, I have a doctors appointment in half an hour so I'd better get going" Alice sighed getting up.

„Hey, Wait up. I'll come with you. Remember we're in this together"

Alice smiled and knew he wasn't going to let her go alone.

"Good morning, my name is Dr Brown and I'll be doing your ultrasound today" a woman said as she entered the room.

"Hello, nice to meet you" Alice said shaking her hand.

"Ok so today we'll be using an Endo-Cavity probe for your ultrasound, it's just the easiest way for us to see the baby"

"Endo what now?" FP said looking at what the nurse was holding.

"It's what we use early on in the pregnancy" the doctor nodded.

"Oh ok" FP said still confused as to what she was planning on doing.

His eyes widened as he saw what it was used for but he didn't say anything.

"Ok, so this is your baby right here" she said pointing to the screen.

Alice felt her eyes watering but she wasn't sure if she should be happy or sad.

"By the looks of it you're around a week along, one and a half at the most" the nurse smiled handing FP the sonogram.

FP's mouth gaped open as he stared at the picture.

"I'll let you get cleaned up, I'll see you in a few weeks" the doctor said leaving the room.

"Al.." FP started but Alice didn't say anything. She just turned around and pulled him into a long hug.

Both of them shed a few tears and their hearts were racing.

"You know what this means" FP sobbed trailing his hand down her waist and resting it on her stomach.

"I'm having your baby"

I think I'm gonna write a few more parts to this story because I have some good ideas in mind xx