Divorce papers

This takes place after Gladys reunites with jughead and FP. (3x08) And I'm pretending that Betty isn't at the SOQM.

On the phone:
„Betty where on earth are you?"

„I'm out with Jug. Besides it's none of your business"

„It is my business!"

„No mom, it really isn't"

„Don't argue with me Elizabeth. I have a right to know where you are especially since you got involved with griffins and gargoyles"

„Mom.."

„Betty I won't have it. I just want to keep you safe"

„Fine"

„So where are you"

„Well.. I'm in Toledo"

„Alone?"

*betty mentally curses*

„No. I said I'm with Jughead"

„Just you two?"

„Mr Jones is here too" Betty whispered

„Why? What are you-„ it finally hit Alice and she realised why they were there.

„You're with Gladys and jellybean aren't you" Alice said, her voice breaking.

„Yeah, how did you know?"

The phone suddenly cut off and all Betty could hear was the buzzing sound on the other end of the line.

Alice held the phone in her hands and a single tear fell down her cheek. This was the moment she had been fearing the most. It was bound to happen at some point but she was secretly hoping it wouldn't.

„Who was that?" Jughead asked, his arm wrapped around his sisters shoulder.

"My mom" Betty sighed.

"Is she ok?"

Before Betty could answer FP came around the corner. He didn't look too happy.

"Is who ok?"

"Ms Smith"

"Why? What's wrong with her? Is everything ok?" FP asked, his facial expression changing almost instantly.

"I'm not sure. She called to ask where I was and was getting quite mad and then once I told her where we were and that you were with us" Betty paused looking at FP," she got upset and hung up"

FP didn't say anything. He just brushed his hand through his hair and looked like he was thinking about something really important.

"Dad, you good?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah I'm good, I just need to make a call" he said walking away from the group and taking out his phone.

He dialled her number and called. Alice picked up soon enough but didn't say anything.

"Al?"

"What."

"Betty told me you called her. What's wrong?"

"Oh come on FP, I'm not blind. I know why you're in Toledo"

"I don't think you do"

"Jeez! FP I'm not stupid"

"Alice let me talk"

"No. Go make things right with her. You deserve it"

"Alice that's not why I'm here"