Reunited p1

This one shot takes place after 2x22

It had been a week. A week since the blackhood died, a week since the Gargoyle King's true identity was been revealed, and a week since Alice Smith went missing.

At this point the farms intentions were known to anyone involved but it's whereabouts were still unclear. They had disappeared off the face of the earth without any trace left behind, making it impossible for FP Jones to track them down.

It had been a long, hard week for him. Not only was he dealing with farm, but the knowledge that the only woman he had ever truly loved was gone. Missing. Had completely vanished.

He had thought a lot about her the past week, not that he ever stopped, but more than usual. He remembered everything they had gone through, what they used to be, but what pained him the most was the way they left things. He dismissed her like it was nothing. Like they were nothing, when in actual fact that was far from reality. He knew he had made a mistake the second she left his office that night. He tried, repeatedly, telling himself that it was better that way. He wanted so badly to keep his family together for the sake of his beloved children but he knew it wasn't possible. Gladys was a phoney; a liar, putting his kids in danger. There were countless nights of sleep in which he regretted ever letting Alice go. He felt guilty for not recognising her situation and the danger she was in but now it was all to late. He couldn't live with himself and it killed him knowing she was out there somewhere in the hands of a hooligan: Edgar Evernever.

It had also been a week since Charles returned to riverdale in hopes of saving his mother. Whilst in the process he came across Betty and Jughead. They were able to meet their long lost brother and he was able to match the names to the faces. The three of them decided not to tell anyone, including FP. He was dealing with so much, besides it wasn't their place to tell him. Charles stayed in a motel close by and Betty and jughead tried their best to find any clues as to Alice's whereabouts.

*****

It was late in the evening and everyone was recovering from a long day of work. Still no progress though. FP was driving himself insane trying to figure out where they could possibly be, but it was no use. Betty and jughead were equally as unsuccessful.

They were all sat in the front room of the former Cooper, now Jones household. Betty and Jughead made small talk while FP sat in an armchair with his hand spread across his mouth and chin, thinking up countless scenarios. He couldn't pay attention to anything happening around him until a loud knock on the door interrupted his trail of thought.

Betty and Jughead's ganze shot to FP who in exchange stared at them in disbelief. Who on earth would be out at this deadly hour on a Thursday night.

Nobody budged until the second knock rang through the house. This time FP got up and signalled for Betty and Jughead to stay back in case it was someone looking for trouble. FP inched towards the door and reached for the handle, carefully pulling open the door.

Within seconds he felt as if the weight had been lifted off his shoulder and he sighed in relief. Standing on the other side was Alice. Her eyes widened as she saw him. Within a matter of seconds Betty had found her way to the door and Alice's gaze directed at her.

"Betty!" Alice cried, pushing the door wide open and reaching for her daughter.

In turn Betty ran into her mothers arms, burying her head into her chest. She immediately started sobbing and Alice wrapped her arms tightly around her, gently stroking her hair.

"It's okay honey, I've got you" she whispered carefully placing a kiss on her head.

FP was still in shock and as much as he wanted to pull Alice into an embrace, he knew it wasn't the right time. He saw Jughead making his way to the door and was surprised to see him greet the young man standing on the other side. He was so fixated on Alice that he hadn't noticed the him. Something seemed so oddly familiar about him but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Mom, I- Are you okay? How did you escape where's polly?" Betty asked still clinging on to her mother.

"Shhh, Polly is just fine. She's with Cheryl and the twins. Charles came and rescued us today" Alice said, looking back at her son who has a slight smile on his face.

Charles? Did she really just say Charles? FP gazed at the young man and immediately saw it. The blond hair, the striking blue eyes. It was all Alice and now that he could see it he couldn't believe he didn't realise sooner.

Betty released herself from her mothers grip and headed to where Jughead and Charles were standing.

"Thank you" she breathed trying her best to show her appreciation.

"Hey, we're family. It's what we do" she smiled, nudging her shoulder.

Betty smiled, wiping away the rest of her tears.

Alice watched her daughter before turning to FP who was in shock. She gave him a hopeful look, scared of what might come next.

"FP-" she started, immediately cut off by him.

"Al, is that?" He whispered, knowing damn well what the answer was.

Alice nodded her head, letting a few tears fall from her eyes.

"Charles?" FP said, trying to hold back his tears.

"Yeah." Charles said, walking over to where FP was standing.

FP was still in utter disbelief as he reached out and pulled his son into a hug for the first time ever. He pulled away a few seconds after to examine his face in detail.

"You look exactly like your mother" FP said, glancing over at Alice who's eyes were glossy with tears. Charles smiles and reached for his mothers hand, pulling her in for a hug to which FP also joined. He wrapped his arms around them both and the three of them shared their first hug.

They were finally reunited.

It's taken me a while to update which I am so sorry about but I'm back! Writing fanfic makes me so happy and I've taken it upon myself to start writing again. I hope you guys like this, I haven't written in a while though so it might not be the best.

There will most likely be a second part to this one shot up soon!