.17.

Jimin had walked all night

Jimin had walked all night. Making it to a town where there were restaurants and stores. He walks up to a McDonald's and sits his backpack on the ground right outside the building, then sits down on the curb not that far from the entrance.

He was tired, his feet hurt.. and he was starting to come down all the way and he just wanted to sleep. Pain was starting to take over and things were getting much harder.

Breathing and staying calm was what he was focusing on, when a woman's voice says, "Hey, you alright kid?"

He glances up and a brown haired woman stood, looking down at him. She looked to be in her forties and a little masculine. "Uhh, Yeah. Im just tired."

"Are you waiting for someone? Or do you need a ride?"

Jimin looks away from her, "Uhh well.." he looks back at her.. "I could use a ride."

"Well, get in." She says motioning him to get in her Toyota Camry. Jimin stands, putting his backpack on, "Wait, you're just gonna give a stranger a ride?"

She stands at her driver door leaning against it, "Yeah, you seem like a nice kid. I mean what are you gonna do? Kill me?"

He smirks and shrugs, "What if I do?"

She leans her head down, looking up at him through downturned eyes, "I'd like to see you try. Now get in." She gets into the driver side and shuts the door as Jimin runs around and gets in the passenger side.

They go down the highway and she begins a conversation. "So, where do you need to go?"

"I'm trying to get to LA."

"Oh okay. I have to go through there anyways, I'll drop ya off."

Jimin looks at her. "Really?"

"Yeah it's no problem! I'm Tara by the way." She says nicely, actually making Jimin feel very comfortable.

"It's nice to meet you Tara, I'm Jimin." She nods and it was quiet for a few seconds then she asks, "You trying to visit someone? Family? Friend?"

Jimin smiles to himself as he looks down. "'My friend.. well, I wouldn't call him my friend." He looks at her. "He's actually the love of my life."

Her eyebrows raise as she was shocked by his response, but then smiles as she replies, "Well Jimin, don't worry, I'll get you back to the love of your life."

Jimin smiles, "Thank you." He felt relieved that he had actually met someone who was genuine and kind.

He tells her to drop him off at a hotel so she does. "I hope everything works out for you and him." She says as he nods. He pulls out some cash and hands it to her. "Here."

"Oh no, I can't take your money."

"Please. It's the least I can do." She looks at it and then back at him, then takes it from him.