.13.

It had been almost a year since Yoongi had seen or even heard from Jimin

It had been almost a year since Yoongi had seen or even heard from Jimin.. But he thought about him all the time. He had hoped that maybe if he went to the beach or even downtown he'd run into Jimin again. Going into gay bars and clubs just to see.. never actually to talk to anyone or have fun. He'd asked people if they had seen him but no one had. So, he gave up.

He was living with his mom and got a job writing music for animated films. It's not really what he wanted to do but it paid well.

Him and his mother decided to redecorate the house. Changing the off white colored walls to a light blue. They had replaced all the old furniture with new and even updated the kitchen.

Yoongi places a picture perfectly on the wall and backs away from it to see how it looked. It was the picture of him and Jimin from his graduation. His mother walks in with a small box and sits in down. "There's one more."

Yoongi nods and his mother walks out. He was admiring the photo. He couldn't look away, missing those days and that sunshine boy.

A loud thud comes from the other room, interrupting his untainted thoughts. He looks towards the door, "Mom?"

She doesn't answer.

"Mom!" He exclaims but nothing. He furrows his brows and walks into the other room and his whole persona quickly changes. "Mom!" He gasps running over to her body that was lying unconscious on the floor. "Oh mom, please wake up!" He began to panic, pulling his phone from his pocket dialing 911. The operator comes on and Yoongi tells her he needs an ambulance for his mother. She gets his information and sends one right away, but she stays on the phone with him to keep him calm.

Once the ambulance gets there, they rush in to help and manage to get Rita on a stretcher and into the ambulance. She was breathing and had no physical signs of any serious condition but there was no telling what was wrong. At this point it could be anything.

Yoongi drives separately, getting stuck in traffic, which made him more upset. All he could think of was possibly losing his mother and Jimin being gone. Oh how he wished Jimin were there. This was the time he needed Jimin.

He finally makes it to the hospital, running inside, up to the front desk. "My mother.. she came in for emergency.. in an ambulance... Please! I need to know if she's okay!"

"Sir calm down, what's your mother's name?"

"Rita Min."

The woman at the front desk types her name in. "Date of birth?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "Four, five.. sixty-five."

She types it in, and the information pops up. "She's been checked in. They're doing some tests. I'll let them know a relative is here. You are?"

"I'm her son." He says calmly.

"Okay well have a seat and someone will be out  to let you know something as soon as possible."

Yoongi nods. "Thank you."

He turns around, looking at the empty waiting room. It was obnoxiously quiet with a tv on in the corner of the room that was muted but had subtitles. A fish tank sat on the other side, with three goldfish and a sucker fish inside. He thought it was strange they had a fish tank in there.

He walks over to a chair and sits down. Glancing over at the side table with magazines on it. He grabs one and starts looking at it to pass the time. Before he knew it, forty-five minutes had passed and he was so focused in the magazine. "Wow, I should definitely mix that with whiskey next time." He mumbles to himself with a light chuckle as a man walks up, "Mr. Min?"

Yoongi shoots his head up at the man, closing the magazine and standing from his seat. "Uhh yes?"

"Hi I'm Dr. Garrison. I was wanting to inform you about your mother." They shake hands as Yoongi replies, "Oh, how is she?"

"Well.. she's doing fine right now; she's awake. But we ran some tests and it turns out, the reason she fainted is because it appears she has Glioblastoma. Which is a deadly brain tumor."

Yoongi's face showed confusion. "A brain tumor? But how did she get that? I mean, she was just fine and now she has a brain tumor?"

"Well the way Glioblastoma works, is it spreads rapidly. She probably developed the tumor a couple months ago or maybe even weeks and is just now showing symptoms. She might have always had symptoms but just didn't say anything."

Yoongi rubs his forehead in frustration, which seemed to be a motion he was doing a lot these days, and then moves his hand to cover his mouth. He didn't know what to think. He moves his hand, "So is there any way to fix it?" Yoongi asks, his eyes gloomy.

Dr. Garrison shakes his head, "Unfortunately, no. The cancer has spread to her brain.. so even if we did surgery or tried chemotherapy, it wouldn't do much. It might give her a little more time, but with Glioblastoma, the fatality rate is fairly high."

Yoongi nods his head, understanding the doctor as he holds in his emotions. "I'm sorry son." The doctor says, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I wish there was something I could do."

Yoongi slowly walks into the hospital room where his mother was staying. She turns her head towards him and gives him a sweet smile. "Yoongi." He smiles back as he sits down in the chair by her bed. He scoots himself closer and puts his hand in hers. "Hi mom."

"What happened? All I remember is we were going through pictures and then I'm waking up in the hospital."

"Well.. you passed out. So.. I called an ambulance." He says, his voice cracking a little as he tried to hold in the tears.

Rita sensed something was wrong. "What's wrong Yoongi?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing's wrong mom. Everything's okay." He gives her a fake smile and she, of all people, knew how fake it was.

"Now I know you're lying to me. I raised you. I know you Min Yoongi. You can't hide anything from me."

He looks away from her, pressing his lips together as he slightly nodded his head. His lip began to quiver as he blinks, making a tear fall from his eye. "Aish.." He lets out as he lifts his left hand up to wipe his face.

"Tell me what's wrong." Rita says comfortingly as she makes him look at her.

"You have... Glioblastoma." He takes a deep breath, exhaling through his mouth. "And there's nothing they can do about it."

He breathes through his nose, trying really hard to conceal his emotions. Rita bobs her head. "I see. Well, I guess it's my time. The good lord is calling me home."

Yoongi furrows his brows. "It shouldn't be your time! It's not fair.." he grabs her hand tight. Tears falling down his cheeks. "You can't leave. I already lost Jimin, I can't lose you too!"

His eyebrows were turned upward, his face showing sorrow. She pouts. "You're in love with him aren't you?"

Yoongi presses his lips together as he nods his head. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

She silently sighs, as she caresses the side of his face. "Don't be sorry. I could kinda tell. But I never wanted to say anything until you did. I don't care what your sexuality is. All I've cared about, was your happiness."

"Well the rest of my happiness is about to go with you." His head quivers, as the emotions finally start to take over. "I can't do this alone.."

He begins to sob, lowering his head to rest on her leg. She's rubs his head gently, trying to console him the best way she could.

Yoongi wasn't really one to be emotional or cry.. but this was his mother. The woman who had raised him alone. Who did everything to give him a great life and now.. she was gone.