Deiras: The Candidate

*Beerus Planet*

An Odd Eerie Feeling Hangs Over Me As I Lay In My Bed

An Odd Eerie Feeling Hangs Over Me As I Lay In My Bed. I'm So Used To My Daughter Running In My Room Around This Time To Climb Into Bed With Me. I Even Find Myself Looking At The Door Hoping That She'll Come In And Confirm That This Last Day Has Been Nothing But A Bad Dream. We'll Fall Asleep Together And Wake Up The Next Morning As If Nothing Happened, But This Doesn't Happen. This Is Real. I Roll Over On My Side To Look Out Of The Window. I Look Into The Night Sky And I Remember The Question My Daughter Asked Me. "How Many Stars Are Their Daddy?" I Let Out A Small Laugh As A Tear Rolls Down My Face.

"I'll Find Out For You. Don't Worry." I Say To Myself, And For The Rest Of The Night I Count Every Single Star That I Can See In The Night Sky. It Takes Such A Long Time That I'm No Where Near Finished When The Sun Rises On The Next Day. I Turn Around In My Bed And The Next Thing I See Almost Makes Me Jump Out Of My Bed. Beerus Is Standing Directly In Front Of Me.

"You've Been Up All Night Saiyan. Why Is That?" Beerus Asks Me. I'm Shocked By That Question. How Did He Know That?

"No, Of Course Not." I Say To Him. Beerus Looks At Me Intensely. He Knows I'm Lying, He Just Wants Me To Say It. A Moment Of Silence Passes And I Don't Say Anything. Beerus Lets Out A Deep Sigh And Crosses His Arms.

"It Would Do You Good To Not Lie To A Destroyer God You Know? I Could Sense Your Energy Fluctuating All Night. You Kept Me Up All Night As Well." Beerus Says Scratching His Head. "And Believe Me, You Do Not Want To See Me When I'm Cranky."

The Entire Mood In The Room Changes. I Can Feel His Bloodlust Radiating Off Of Him. Is He Really This Upset Over Sleep?

"I'm Sorry Beerus. I'll Get It Under Control." I Say Getting Out Of Bed. Beerus Lets Out A Laugh And Slaps Me On The Back.

"Oh Yes. Believe Me You Will. The First Part Of Your Training Is Going To Be Us Working On Your Energy Control. If You're Ever Going To Master Hakai Energy You're Going To Need To Be Able To Keep Your Ki Under Control." Beerus Says Walking Opening The Door To My Room. "Whis Is Waiting Outside For You. He Has The Diagnostics From Your Fight Yesterday. Don't Keep Us Waiting." Beerus Says As He Slams The Door Behind Him Shut.

After He Leaves I Put On My Training Clothes And I Rush Outside Behind Him. The Planet Is A Lot Warmer Than My Home Planet. I Can Already Feel Beads Of Sweat Start To Roll Down My Face As Whis Turns Around To Greet Me.

"Ah Deiras. I'm Happy To See That You Were Able To Join Us Today. I Was Most Certain That Lord Beerus Went Up To Your Room To Destroy You For Keeping Him Up All Night." Whis Says Laughing.

"I Told Beerus I Was Sorry About That. I Wasn't Trying To Do So. I Just Had A Lot Of Stuff On My Mind." I Say Scratching The Back Of My Neck. After I Say That Whis Taps Me Over The Head With His Staff.

"First Rule Of Training Deiras. Clear Your Mind Of All Distractions. It's Good To Have Motivation. But If Those Things Become A Distraction To You. You Won't Achieve What You Need To Achieve." Whis Says Putting His Arms Behind His Back.