High School 2.0 (College)

ASPEN'S POV

I don't know what I was really expecting after I told Ethan and Grayson the truth.

A part of me hoped they'd forgive me, but another part of me felt foolish that I even told them in the first place.

Their parents don't trust me anymore, not after everything thats happened, and my parents don't trust the twins anymore either. Kian especially dislikes them, he blames them both for what happened to me.

"Hey Aspen, you ready for another fun filled day of learning?" Kian teased, ruffling my hair up knowing it would irritate me.

"I hate when you talk to me like that, I'm not ten years old Kian." I huffed in annoyance, fixing my hair in one of our hallway mirrors.

"I know, but it's fun to mess with you, plus it's what brothers do." He grinned, giving me a finger gun thumbs up making me laugh.

"You're so annoying." I chuckled, shaking my head as I grabbed my bag, and car keys.

"I'll see you later, tell mom and dad I'm leavin' please?" I called over my shoulder as I exited my house.

If only I had known sooner I'd rather have stayed home.

I arrived to the university a bit early, my class didn't start for another five minutes so I decided to stop by one of the little food carts along the way.

Like they always say, 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day!'

Grabbing a muffin and a small bottle of water I headed back in the direction of my class.

Passing by a few other students I felt a bit off, they kept staring at me weird, whispering to each other, letting out quiet snickers and snorts of laughter.

I began to feel self concious, was there something on my face? Did I get something on my clothes? Was my makeup smeared? Was my hair sticking up in a weird way?

Quickly I checked myself over, only to find there was nothing on me, my makeup was fine, and so was my hair.

Leaving me to wonder, why was everyone staring?

I hesitantly glanced around at the people walking passed me, and the people sitting on the benches.

Almost everyone was looking at me.

I could feel my chest start to tighten, my anxiety building up the more I continued to walk to my building.

Lowering my gaze I sped up, brushing past a few people, trying to get to my class as quick as possible.

I began to feel slightly relieved knowing I was almost there, until I passed by a few other students, overhearing their conversation.

"ohmygod can you believe she tried to kill herself?"

"what a fuckin' lunatic."

"I bet she cries herself to sleep."

"She's not even that pretty."

"What did Gray even see in her?"

"She's such a joke."

I felt tears start to well up in my eyes.

How did people know all of this?

You had never told anyone about your incident three years ago.

The only people who knew were Mackenzie, Kian, my parents, and...

My feet skidded to a stop, my eyes widening slightly as realization struck me.