Princess Carolyn

I sit at home alone eating dinner with Todd. Mom is staying at work late again.

After she helped produce Philbert, the time traveling detective who solve crimes starring Bojack, VIM has become very popular. A year afterward she decided to adopt me when I was 15. I was excited and nervous to meet Princess Carolyn because I didn't know my parents and grew up at Hollywoo Orphanage. So I dreamed of having a nice family.

She had been super sweet to me and took off work for a couple months to spend time with me.

However, when she went back to work, things changed. She is still sweet, but it's as lonely as it was in the orphange sometimes. I mean Todd is here when he isn't running errands for mom, Mr. Peanut butter, or off on his bad ideas or adventurers.

Ugh I sound so pathetic, people have lives to live. Just because I came in with unrealistic expectations of what my adoptive mom would do and be like doesn't mean she has to be that exact thing. She is still nice, gives  me shelter, buys me food, and clothes. I should be thankful for just that and I am. It's just I wish we could spend more time together.

" Todd, I'm going to sleep." I whispered as I got up to throw my plate in the sink.

" It's a bit early, but goodnight (Y/N)." He smiled.

" Good night." I said back as I headed upstairs to my room.

~~~ Todd's Pov~~~

Huh, (Y/N) seemed upset before going to bed. Maybe (Y/N) had to go poop, or something. Talking about poop, I gotta go to the bathroom, but what if (Y/N) is in the bathroom and I go upstairs and I can no longer hold it.

No harm in trying and I really have to go. Go? That reminds me I have to go to Mr. Peanut butter for our next business idea meeting with his accountant.

As I reached the bathroom, I heard crying in (Y/N)'s bedroom. Well that doesn't sound good. I used the restroom first because I really had to pee. Then knocked on the bedroom door.

" (Y/N), are you okay?" I asked through the door.

" I'm fine." ( Y/N) called back.

"Uhmm, Okay." I scratched the back of my head while walking away from the door. Maybe I should tell Princess Carolyn.

" Princess Carolyn's speaking."

" Hey, Princess Carolyn, I think something is wrong with (Y/N)?" I said into the phone.

" What?"

~~~Back to your pov~~~

When I entered my room I couldn't hold in my emotions anymore and cried. I did'nt realize I was crying so loud until Todd came to check on me. I just can't help battling between the feeling of being grateful and lonely. This is my best option since who knows if someone else will adopt me. I've been ugly from birth obviously since no one wanted to adopt me since I was a baby. I'm not athletic or super smart or anything special. I'm just ugly average old me. Yet, I can't help feeling alone and wishing for the Television show family that help, love, and enjoy spending time with each other.

I cried more silently in my pillow as the battle in my head continued. I cried so hard I had drifted off to sleep.

" ( Y/N)," I felt fingers play in my hair soothingly waking up. I could tell it was Princess Carolyn. " Are you not happy here?"

I quickly sat up to face her, " No, I'm fine."

" Kid obviously your not, so I am gonna give you the kid version of my pep talks." She cleared her throat. " Okay, I'm gonna help you get your sh- emotions together. You are a young child so the world is your playground, so be happy." She flared out her arms dramatically. " So how are you feeling now?" She asked.

" I feel better." I smiled at how she was trying to make me feel better.

" Alright, well I took some time off to make us breakfast and tomorrow I'm gonna drive us to the mall after school and work, so we can spend more time together. Since I have been gone."

" Okay!" I was beaming with joy by now and couldn't wait for tomorrow.

°--------------------°
This is the shortest story ever, but still hope you like the story.