Soulmate (happy ending)

~ Age 5 ~

Gavin looked to the timer on his wrists.
30 years. 73 days. 10 hours. 3 minutes. 8 seconds.
He was 5 at the time and never understood what the numbers actually meant, his parents did though and pitied he had to wait so long.

~ Age 11 ~

Gavin knew he was different, not because of his appearance but because of his timer on his wrist.
People would look at him the same way his mother and father would, he hated people pitied him because he had to wait so long, he didn't even care for a soulmate, he thought it was a load of rubbish.
23 years. 43 days. 2 hours. 37 minutes. 28 seconds.

~ Age 17 ~

Gavin hated school, not only did some people like him, he also had girls asking if he was his soulmate because their timers ran out but he would apologise as he told them 'no I have to wait 17 years for my soulmate, sorry' and thus ending in many heartbreaks, he never understood why though, 'why would any one want someone like me'
17 years. 21 days. 7 hours. 45 minutes. 57 seconds.

~ Age 28 ~

Gavin wondered why he needed a soulmate, why should people be paired with people and have no say in it whatsoever. Gavin had come to terms with his patience, he didn't have any, even though he had been waiting so many years for his 'soulmate' he hadn't liked it, not at all.
8 years. 18 hours. 14 days. 12 minutes. 59 seconds.

~ Age 34 ~
Gavin imagined what his soulmate looked like, did she have brown hair? Blue eyes? Was she chubby? Was she sarcastic? Was she an asshole? All these thoughts wandered through his mind, a million possible people who could be his mate for life. He had waited so long he was also starting to wonder if the wait will have been worth it.
1 year. 11 months. 23 days. 16 hours. 7 minutes.

~ Age 36 ~
To say Gavin was nervous was an understatement to say the least, his heart was pounding, his palm were sweaty, his eyes were twitching and he just couldn't stay still. He waited so long for someone who was his apparent soulmate, but what if they turned out like everything he hated
; a despicable person, someone who hates gay people, someone who judges people on behalf of their skin tone or religion. Gavin put his thoughts aside and waited for the next day. He checked his alarm one last time before falling into a slumber. 10:37pm.
0 years. 0 days. 11 hours. 26 minutes. 20 seconds

Gavin woke up to the blaring alarm on his bedside, he groaned but proceeded to get up and ready anyway. He walked over to his closet and picked out some casual clothes to go work in, all memories from last night had vanished and his wrist wasn't looked at once.
Gavin had arrived at work for around 8:30, still never looking down at his wrist, not even remembering about his mate.
He got to his desk and started to write his report about about his previous case he'd just completed, the time had gone by and was now 10:01am. He sighed and rubbed his eyes and placed his head on the desk, when all of a sudden a burning sensation was felt in his left arm.
Gavin shat himself, he didn't have time to register anything until a hand was placed on his shoulder.
"Hello Detective Reed, I'm Rk900 the android sent by cyber life"
Gavin looked to his timer which had run out, he didn't say anything he only looked at the android left wrist (because that's where the mark is) , he scanned around and noticed no timer at all. Gavin dropped his head and tears trickled down his face, he let out soft whimpers while this new android looked down on him.
'Detective Reed if you're looking for my timer it's on my right wrist and not my left, I must say you are the best looking a soulmate someone could have'
Gavin looked up and grabbed Rk900's right wrist which said 2 words now instead of numbers.
'Gavin Reed'