Just friends

Conan was sat inside Gavins house on his brown, leather couch. He was waiting for Gavin to wake up so they could both could walk to work as it wasn't that far.
It was 6:36am so Gavin would be waking up in about 10 minutes because he takes forever to wash himself, like why does he take so long??
Conan didn't require any sort of bathing unless something spilled on him or if he landed in something disgusting, otherwise he didn't need a shower or bath. Conan decided to waste his time by turning on the television so the house didn't seem so quiet. He flicked the switch and, what seemed like a really old tv show, came on "star and the forces of evil".
He didn't bother turning it off as he wasn't going to watch anything anyway, he only closed his eyes and listened instead.

"It was no secret the way that we feel, our is so pure our love is real"
"You showed me your world and it felt like a sign but you acted too slow and you ran out of time"
Conan's ears picked up on the lyrics playing in the children's show and continued to listen properly.
"And now we'll be just friends, we will be just friends"
"And now we'll be just friends be just friends"
" I didn't mean to hurt you"
"You didn't have a clue"
"So you went out and got busy"
"And found something new, new, new"
Conan's heart clenched at the lyrics, he could only think of himself in that situation and how Gavin and his girlfriend were the same. He wanted to be with Gavin but before deviancy he didn't realise until it was too late and Gavin introduced his girlfriend to Conan. They look so happy together it almost makes him vomit, he wished he was Gavins partner but he was too late.
"And now we'll be just friends"
"Oh, we will be just friends"
"And now we'll be just friends, be just friends"
"And now we'll be.."

Conan was startled when Gavin came in yawning, asking what he was watching.
"Nothing Gavin, it doesn't matter"
He turned around and walked to the door "I'll meet you at work" and up he left, leaving Gavin really confused.
Gavin turned to the television showing a show from when he was younger and rewound it listening to the song. He thought this might've been the reason he left, he knew Conan had some feelings for him but was too much of coward to do anything and now his best friend is upset because of him. Gavin decided it was best he didn't say anything though because he loved his girlfriend too much.