Eating Like It's The End

Even if this was not the first time he saw them like this, Kurapika can't help but be amazed at Gon and Killua's ability to wolf down large amounts of food in mere seconds. When the dishes arrived they were all akin to a banquet, with roast and turkey accompanied by side dishes such as salad and soup. Looking at them now, the table was almost empty of any dish.

"You look as if you haven't eaten for a week," he compliments as he takes a calm bite of his salad, eyes never leaving the two.

In between snacking a whole chicken Killua says with a full mouth "Well what'd ya expect?"

The blond's eyes widen at that. Don't tell him it was actually true. He was making a comparison. "You're not honestly serious are you?"

Gon wipes his dirty mouth and says to the one across them "Almost a week to be honest. This is the first time we tasted real food." He gives a guilty sort of smile.

Kurapika's brows crunch together in confusion. "So you've been living as nomads?" he clarifies with a perfectly arched brow to the youngsters.

The silver-haired boy's own brows crease at the name. "Whoa 'nomads' is kinda wrong. I'm thinking along the lines of free men." He offers a boyish smirk to the other, who ignores him.

"So you have no permanent home?" he asked Gon.

Gon shrugged, looking to his best friend for help. "Eh something like that I guess. In the apartment where we stayed at the landlady kicked us out cuz we didn't pay three months of rent so..." he trailed, ripping off a piece of chicken leg.

A sort of guilty feeling settles itself in Kurapika's stomach at hearing his friends' current predicament. "I'm so sorry Gon. If I had known then I would've postponed my mission and you would have come home to warm environment."

The four friends bought this house in case anyone wanted to rest or just had no business to attend to. Last he talked with Leorio he was still busy with doctor exams so he would be coming later. Kurapika himself meanwhile arrived in the house only yesterday, and was shocked once he saw the duo by the front step when he woke up.

"Daijobu Kurapika as long as we finish this all we're gonna be alright! It's the least we can do since you've prepared this feast for us!" Killua beside him nodded enthusiastically as he attacked the pork ribs.

Despite the sadness he was feeling at not being able to help in any way, his little friend seemed to banish any and all negative emotions with just a small comment and the atmosphere in the room is reversed. He believes this to be a great gift of the twelve-year-old. He showed this especially with his fight during Hanzo the ninja.

Within minutes they were all done, and the younger ones burped loudly, causing the sound to echo and the smell to linger. They laughed and Kurapika watched as they thumped each other in a silly manner. Killua picked at his teeth with a toothpick and was successful at removing the bits of food stuck, if the smirk was anything to go by. Gon had taken it upon himself to wash the dishes and so piled them up with Kurapika protesting at first. The one in green left with plates as high as the ceiling.

Not a minute had passed when the sound of breaking china was heard. Kurapika dashed to where he heard the sound, finding Gon staring at three broken plates on the ground. He looked up to meet the blond's gray eyes, and he fumbled for something to say. "K- Kurapika. Gomenasai. It- it was a pure accident!" He began to bend down to pick up the broken pieces but was halted by the Kurta, calming him down and coming back with a broom and dustpan.

Cool blue orbs survey the scene and Killua voiced out his thought to the eldest in the house right now. "Never trust Gon with delicate things such as plates. I've known him long enough to know he'd even break a carton of eggs." He gave a pointed look to the now pouting boy.

"Aww Killua he didn't need to know that!"

Killua snickered in reply.

"Alright never mind Gon," Kurapika told said boy, holding his small shoulder. "I have more plates and I broke a couple of glasses before so we're even."

A cat-like grin spread across the ex-assassin's face and he pointed a finger at the taller. "Wait are you talking about Leorio's favorite glasses?" He clearly saw the pink that dusted the other's cheeks. "Don't lie to me Kurapika. Oji-san threw a fit for days. Wouldn't shut up about it. Kept yelling about the unknown culprit. I actually had a sneaking suspicion it was you since you avoided the house in general."

Kurapika's lips were pressed tight. "I'm sure the anger has passed. Besides, he has other things to worry about." He turns a warning glare to the kid. "Not a word about this to anyone."

Killua's amused grin was still there as he left. "Sure sure."