Plaza Fun

"I'm so glad you guys could make it!" Gon cheers as he runs to greet his two older friends who went down from the bus, tackling Leorio who almost lost his balance.

Killua approaches them coolly, munching happily on a chocolate.

"Oi kid if you don't slow down on the sweets you're gonna find yourself wearing dentures," Leorio warns as he points a finger in Killua's face.

The white-haired kid just smiles his boyish grin, replying with "Don't worry ol' man my teeth are strong enough to withhold tooth decay."

A vein pops in Leorio's forehead as he shows the brat a fist. "I told you I'm not old! I'm twenty-one!"

"That's old," Killua says back as the four trek down the brick road.

"No it's not!" Leorio retorts, bending his upper body to see Killua eye level. "It's young and fresh and carefree! And I'm not old!" His teeth gnash together in irritation.

As the two bicker about Leorio's age Gon sweatdrops and Kurapika chuckles quietly, unable to contain himself. He feels the all-green boy latch onto his arm when they pass a rather scary-looking man, and Gon's grip stays there the whole time. Kurapika finds himself not minding the contact, even considering it as warm and welcome.

By now Killua was surprisingly on Leorio's shoulders, the boy casually talking to the doctor as they weave through the crowds, seemingly unbothered.

"Killua why are you up there?" Kurapika questions as he gently pulls on Gon's arm so as not to leave him behind.

Th ex-assassin hums in question as he turns to his two friends. "Oh well the view up here is nicer and it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world!" At this he throws his arms up, enjoying the cold air and the feeling of looking down on everyone.

"This brat's really taking up his sweet time," Leorio mutters grumpily to he other two, who just gave him sympathetic looks though they knew Leorio didn't mind one bit.

"Speaking of sweets," Killua tells the group. "I saw a shop with lots of candies. Can we go there like, right now?"

"Demo Killua," his best friend interrupts. "We haven't even eaten lunch yet! You're gonna get a stomachache if you eat candies first before lunch." Gon's eyebrows are knit together in worry and concern.

Killua's icy eyes observe Gon before an audible groan spills from his mouth. "Ugh fine if it'll make you shut up then so be it."

They continue to walk, until Kurapika heard whispers.

"What a nice family."

"Oh wow the son is on top of the father how cute."

"The one in green is adorable too."

"Oh but the mom's gorgeous."

Multiple veins pop in the blond's temple as he grips Gon's hand and urges him to walk faster. These people... they are not a family! They are four friends who are hanging out with each other on a Saturday. Ohh the humiliation. Even after years his gender is still mistaken for a female. Oh well, it must be expected when he looks so feminine with his hair and facial features. But he is not a woman. At some point even his friends doubted it.

"Kurapika daijobu?" Gon asks concernedly, craning his neck to see his friend's face. "Ahh!" he yelps softly. "Your eyes are scarlet. K- Kurapika?" he tries again.

The boy snaps out of it and the scarlet color fades to be replaced with his usual gray ones. He turns to see Gon staring at him worriedly. He pats his head in reassurance. "Daijobu. Gomen."

"Is it because you're still thought of as a girl?" Gon asks blankly.

Kurapika chuckles, suddenly embarrassed of himself. "Yes in fact."