Chapter Eighteen

Professor: I honestly have no idea how I'm going to get through these next chapters. I feel like I am on a roller coaster and reading this story with you guys instead of writing it. I know what I WANT to happen but have no idea how it is going to come about. Just go with me on this please. Anyway, both 'The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker' and 'Doctor Who' belong to their respective owners. I do not own them.

...

Neither Amy nor Quill said anything to Red when they docked at the island. As much as they hated the fact that they had basically tricked Medli into coming to the Temple with them, telling her now would only hurt their cause. They could only hope that she wouldn't decide to leave them...

As they hopped out of the boat, Amy looked around the small sandy beach. Other than a few trees and a cliff face in front of them, the only thing interesting was the giant stone head that sat against the cliff.

"Why did we need to come here?" Medli asked, standing next to her.

Amy sighed, "Long story. Basically, an alien moved into my house when I was a kid."

"What?" she asked in confusion.

"Well, it's why I'm here..." Amy scoffed, "And if not, I'm blaming it anyway. So, Link, where is the entrance?"

The small swordsman shrugged, "I don't know. With the last Temple I had to destroy something to reveal the entrance."

"This is Headstone Island, known for that stone face," Quill said, crossing his arms, "Many have tried to move the stone, all failed. No one knows exactly how it got here...if we were to destroy something to gain access to the Temple, that stone would be it."

'We get to destroy something that's indestructible? The Doctor is going to be so sorry he missed this...' Amy thought with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you all mean, 'Temple'?" Medli asked, "I thought this was going to be a short visit."

None of them choose to answer her, their guilt eating at them. Instead, they focused on the problem at hand. Tilting her head slightly to look at the face differently, Amy asked, "Hey Link, how did you destroy...whatever was on the last island?"

He shrugged, "I used the Iron Boots. I got them from when we split up, remember? I used that and the hammer. Didn't take very long."

Quill's eyebrows narrowed, "When we split up? Then...we might possibly be able to use the bracelets here."

"These stupid things?" Amy asked, lifting up her wrists to show the offending pieces of jewelry that still wouldn't leave her body, "How? They haven't done anything except refuse to move."

"I don't know, but we got them for a reason, it can't hurt to try."

Amy deadpanned, "You're kidding! How could bracelets possibly help us move that stone?"

Link shrugged before giving her a goofy smile, "Just try pushing the stone! If that doesn't work, we'll just blow it up!" To prove his point, Link mimed an explosion with his hands.

A small smile touched Amy's face. Once again she was reminded that Link was only 11. With everything that he had to do lately, it was easy to forget how old he was. Without saying a word, and seeing how she was going to lose the argument anyway, Amy walked forward and stepped to the side of the stone. She took a breath before putting her hands on the stone (which was surprisingly smooth) and pushing with all her might.

At first, the head didn't move. Then, slowly, it moved an inch. Then another. Before she knew what was happening, the stone had picked up speed and rolled away from Amy (leaving her to belly flop onto the floor from the sudden lack of the stone to keep her upright) and rolled straight into the ocean.