Chapter 6

That morning, I woke up and dressed in loose fitting black and pink floral pants, and a white top

That morning, I woke up and dressed in loose fitting black and pink floral pants, and a white top. I ran downstairs and grabbed my set of keys, but bumped into Emmett in the living room. "Where're you going?" I ask.

"Out. I'm taking the Jeep." He explains. I shake my head.

"No, I'm taking the Jeep."

"No! I am!"

"You big oaf! I told you I was taking it!"

"That was rude! I wanna divorce! And I want custody of the Jeep!" He yells.

I fake gasp. "Not my baby!" He chuckles and throws me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Put me down!" I yell. I hit his back but all he does is grunt. "Rosalie! Control your man!" I yell out.

Rosalie walks in and stops in the doorway. "I refuse to get involved!" She says. Jasper walks in and stops to take in the scene before walking back out the way he came.

"Jasper! Don't leave me!" I look around the room to see Rosalie's left. "Alice? Bella? Edward? Anyone?" I whisper the last word. "I am so lonely! I have nobody!" I sing. Someone chuckles and Emmett turns to reveal Carlisle standing there. "Carlisle! Be a gentleman and please get Emmett to put me down!"

Carlisle looks at Emmett. "Please put Lilith Grace down, Emmett." He plops me down on the couch.

"That's all it took?!" I screech. Someone clears their throat and we turn to see Esme in the doorway.

Her eyes flicker between the three of us. "Lilith, please stop yelling." She asks, sending me a fake smile that no one seems to notice.

"Of course, Esme. Anything for you." I say sarcastically. She walks out and I stand. "I'm going to Sam's to see Paul." I say. As I turn, I see a flicker of hurt in Carlisle's eyes before he covers it up. "You can have the Jeep, Emmett." I walk outside and start running to Sam's.

When I arrive a few minutes later, I walk up the porch and I'm about to open the door but Sam opens the door quickly, grabbing my upper arm and pulling me into the woods. We walk in silence for two minutes until he turns to face me, and hands me a small pack of paper I didn't notice he had.

From: ssh.forchildren@yahoo.com
To: sam.u@yahoo.com
Subject: A.R.B.

Mr. Uley,

We were pleased to hear that you had an interest in adopting our Aubrey Rae. The child information is on the next page, please contact us as soon as possible when you've made your decision.

Thank you,
Seattle Sisters Home for Children
SSHC

I look up at him and can't contain my smile. I flip the page to find a picture and information of her.