Chapter 7

Today's the day

Today's the day. The day I go sign the papers for my little girl. The day I meet my little girl.

To say I was nervous, was an understatement. I paced my room, as Jasper and Edward sat on my couch and watched me. "What if she doesn't like me? What if she's scared of me?" I mumble, partially to myself.

"I'm not scared because I trust you. She'll see that eventually." Jasper says. "She's so young it probably won't even change anything."

Edward nods. "Everything will be okay. You know how I know that?" I look at him and shake my head. "Because it always ends well. The amount of times we've faced some evil vampire and won, is more than other people."

"But that was you guys, not me!" I say shakily. "And, Sam is mad at me, because I said I was staying here, and Jake and the rest of the pack, including Emily and Paul, are mad at me for not telling them about Aubrey Rae! And I haven't spoken to Billy since I went to his house and we fought, but according to Jake he's even more mad." I say so quickly that if they weren't vampires, they wouldn't have been able to understand. I sit in between them and turn so my head is resting in Jasper's lap, and my legs in Edward's lap. Jasper runs his fingers through my hair soothingly.

"As Edward said, everything will be okay."

Edward seems to notice the girls absence. "Where are the girls?" He asks.

I groan and Jasper shakes his head at Edward. "They're decorating Aubrey Rae's room, and refuse to let me see. That's why Jasper's here. He's supposed to be distracting me." I say, closing my eyes.

"I'm not here to distract you! I just enjoy your company!" He says defensively.

I open my eyes to roll them. "I heard Alice telling you to watch me."

"Well, I was going to come here anyways!" He replies. I close my eyes again.

"You know, I find it really hard to believe that you're a vampire." A new voice says from across the room.

"And why's that, Jake?" I ask without opening my eyes.

"It looks like you're sleeping." He chuckles.

I open my eyes and sit up in between the two boys. "I thought you were mad at me." I frown.

He shakes his head. "I was a little disappointed you didn't tell me about her, but I decided I had to get over it, to come with you to go get her."

I laugh. "If Billy was here, he'd say the-"

"Disappointment card is only for him to use." Jake finishes.

I stand up. "Okay, everyone out! I'm gonna get changed." I walk over to my closet, while they start to stand. "When are we leaving?" I ask.

"When you're done changing. It's a two hour drive." Jake says.