Chapter 6: Calamity, War, and Death

Yato jumped up to the sky to avoid Bishamon's attack and held out his hand to his divine instrument. "Come, Sekki!"

"Wai-" Yukine turned into a bright white light and became a sword with ragged bandages on it's handle. He swirled to Yato's grasp as they ran away from the blonde haired woman.

"You shall not escape!" She chased after him while riding on Kuraha's back, passing by Hiyori who almost fell from her sudden movement.

Hiyori watched them went away and sighed in relied. "B-Bishamonten, as in, the god who punishes evildoers?!" She stared at where they disappeared and thought to herself. 'Revenge against Yato? And also slaying his shinki?' She remembered Yato's reminders about going to Kofuku and Daikoku when something bad happened.

"You're Hiyori-chan, aren't you?" You spoke behind her with a smile on your face.

"Y-You're that god who attacked Yato, right?!" She backed away from you, wary of what may happen to her. "Are you also-"

"Calm down. I'm not here to fight." You reassured her. "Will you hold this for me?" You tossed your phone to her which she almost dropped while catching it. "That's our location, right now. I had his phone's GPS open. With that you'll know where are we."

"Why did you gave me this?" Hiyori asked to you in confusion.

"You're going to Kofuku, aren't you? Then you'll need to know where Yato is." You flashed a friendly smile at her then turned to your shinki. "Riku, we're following them."

"Huh?! Why are you dragging me into these?" He complained.

"Shut up. We're going!" You glanced back to Hiyori. "I'll leave this to you, Hiyori-chan." You ran to where Yato and Bishamon ran off to while Hiyori ran to the opposite direction. "Saki!"

Riku turned to a black katana and flew to your right hand. "Aren't you're also the one who told that woman about Yato's location? Why are you helping him?"

"I told her Yato's location but that doesn't mean I'm on her side." You jumped onto the roofs of the houses you passed by. "Truthfully, I'm really not on anyone's side but I owe Yato something way back ago."

"And that is?" He asked in curiosity.

"He saved me from someone else's grasp." You answered. "Anyways, we need to hurry."

He sighed. "You're always dodging the topic when it is about the past."

"Sorry, Riku." You put a sad smile on your face. "I just can't talk about it for now. I'll tell you someday."

At Yato's side...

Yato gasped for air as he and Yukine hid on an alley.

"What are you doing?! Hurry before she catches us!" Yukine shouted in panic, scared of the war god who is chasing them.

"Get off my case! You're partly why I'm so tired right now." Yato retorted, referring to the blight that he earned from Yukine's sins.

"Huh?!"

"Quit being a brat." He told him.

"I-I'm not a brat." Yukine argued.

"I can tell! You've been stinging me nonstop! You're emotional state affects me to, you know?! Get that through your thick skull!" Yato scolded the rebellious boy.

"But that woman is also a god, just like you. Yato, are you seriously going to fight a god?" Yukine asked him.

"We already fought one before. Have you forgotten about (y/n)? And you survive after we got attacked by her so you can also handle Bishamon just fine." He answered. "Besides, she's the one who's attacking us."