Baby Steps

After everything I went back to my apartment and fed the baby and out her down for a nap. Even though it's only been a day I do love her and holding and feeding her. Also I have lots of things to do to prepare myself for as they call 'fatherhood'. But before anything she does need a name. I look at her laying there sleeping, and stare a little more. Okay I just look at her for around 45 minutes before getting anywhere. I wanna give her not really a girls name but and girls middle name, again after thinking long and hard I've decided Nicole as a middle name over heard Tris say she liked that name once (A/N YEAH I MADE THAT UP WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? ;) ) I got it! Carter! Carter Nicole Eaton. Yeah thats her name. At this moment I feel truly happy I have a little girl. Personally this doesn't feel real having happiness again. I feel like I'm just gonna wake up and this whole baby thing is just a dream. Then I sit down at a table and think. Well Carter can't sleep with me forever but she can sleep in the need for a while I still need a lot of thing but right now I just need baby steps. So I decided to make a list of everything I'm gonna need.
*************************
CARTER'S LIST
1.) More Bottles
2.) Diapers
3.) Clothes
4.) Blankets
5.) Place to sleep
6.) Formula
*************************
Then I'm interrupted by a knock on the door. It's Christina, Zeke, and Shana. "Hey guys." I say welcoming them inside. "Hey Four. Where's the baby?" Shana asks. "She sleeping, but now that baby has a name." I say proudly. Then I get many questions thrown at me. "Ohh! What's her name?" Christina asks first. "So you really are gonna keep her?" Zeke asks. "Four are you really sure you are gonna be a dad?" I just stare at her. "Guys, do you expect me just to give her up? I wouldn't do this if I wasn't really sure! I'm gonna raise her, an take care of her, and be her dad. I missed 3 months of her life I expect to miss no more!" I say ranting. They just look at me. Christina is the first one to speak "Well okay, But you still hadn't told us her name." She say "oh yeah! Well I remember a little while back Tris hearing the name Nicole and saying how she liked that name so Nicole is her middle name. Also I've always like the name Carter even though she is a girl I named her Carter Nicole." I say standing there while they just stare at me. "What? Is it stupid?" I ask. "No! Its just that's the first time you talked about without breaking down." she says shyly. "I know! It's been a weird 2 days. Now that I know Carter is ours it makes me feel kind of better. I know I still have some of her here." I say actually smiling. Then Carter begins crying. I jump up and go get her. I pick her up even though she quieting she still whimpering. "Shhh... It's okay shhh...." She is quiet now. I look at her look up at me and I look back at her, and a little smile forms on her lips at least it looks like a smile, her smile is like contagious right when she does I couldn't help but smile too. Then when I look up to see Zeke, Christina, and Shauna, They just look at me smiling. "There's no doubt in my mind that Four won't make a great dad." Zeke says. I smile "Well guys, I can't believe I'm saying this. Lets go... Shopping." I say not believing my own words. "OHHHH!!!" Christina and Shana say. Zeke just looks at me oddly, then I point at Carter, Then he just gives me and understanding look. Well let's go shopping...