26.

- Yeah you're pretty but show me what's beneath your surface

I was halfway through the work day when I received a cryptic text from Jason; all he'd sent was a time and a location, when I asked for more details he just told me to show up. I wondered what he had planned, it wasn't unusual for us to go on little dates with each other but he usually gave me more notice and a little more information. I was on cloud nine all day after I'd left his place; not even the mundane act of carrying out interviews could dampen my mood. Everything about my relationship with Jason was perfectly effortless and I was determined to stay positive instead of letting my doubts and fears resurface.

I ducked out as soon as the store closed and headed home to get ready, he didn't give me a lot of time to get myself ready. I looked up the location on the ride to my place and found out that it was a five star hotel; a smile graced my face as I pictured what he was planning. I dropped my keys on the counter and went straight to the shower; as soon as I hopped out, I rushed to my closet to find something to wear. Regardless of whether or not Jason wanted to keep all of his plans to himself, I needed to call him to get some answers. He answered the FaceTime call right away. I could see that Jason was getting his hair cut and when he looked at me his eyes went wide.

"Oh shit, ma I'm at the barbershop." Jason immediately put me on pause; I burst into a fit of laughter because I was completely naked when I called him.

"Sorry! Just tell me if I need to bring extra clothes or not." I said after I calmed myself down, I couldn't even be embarrassed that I may or may not have flashed his barber because his facial expression was hilarious.

I heard shuffling and then a door closed, Jason finally took me off pause and he was in an office. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Don't worry about that, just get dressed for dinner and leave the rest to me. You won't need clothes for most of it." Jason smiled at me; clearly, he wasn't going to give me any information.

"You look good enough to eat right now." I rolled my eyes and hid my face. "Don't get shy now, you're the one calling me naked and wet while I'm at work."

"Wet in more ways than you know." I bit my lip and stared at him through my lashes, "Anyways I gotta get ready. Bye!" I hung up and laughed. He was going to get me back for that, but it was worth it for the moment.

I took my time getting ready since Jason was getting a haircut; he would probably go home to change or something after that so I knew that I had more time than I anticipated. I knew I was close to doing too much by the time I finished getting ready, but I didn't care. The night and whatever it held called for me to go the extra mile with my outfit, which I definitely did.

I put some finishing touches on my hair and then called for a cab; I was considering just selling my car because I hated having to drive but I was holding onto it in case I had an emergency.

Jay texted me as I was getting into the car and asked me where I was, I gave him my estimated time of arrival and then put my phone away. I had no idea why I was nervous, but I was; maybe it had to do with the fact that it was our first date as an official couple. I'd never cared about labels before, but with Jason I felt proud to be his girlfriend and it made me genuinely happy to put a label on what we were.

I called him as soon as the car pulled up to let him know I arrived and he told me to come to the restaurant, I followed his instructions and found him waiting for me by the hostess podium. His million dollar smile sent a rush of butterflies to my stomach as he watched me approach, when I was within his grasp he pulled me towards him and kissed me.

"You look beautiful baby, thanks for coming." Jay said as he held me close to him, he was acting like he hadn't seen or spoken to me just hours before.