40.

-Just the beginning

The concept of perfection had never seemed realer than it did as I laid out on a sun lounger, my two best friends on either side of me as we enjoyed the amazing weather. It had been nonstop bliss since we landed in Fiji almost a week before. Lea's was the first birthday that was celebrated, being the person that she was, Lea opted for an all day cruise aboard an impressive yacht. It was the perfect way to start off our vacation. Jazzy's birthday was next and she wanted to swim with the sharks, normally everyone would have said no but we wanted to make Jazzy's birthday as special as she imagined it. It was surprisingly fun although I wasn't in a rush to do it again, my birthday was a couple of days away but I didn't want to do anything; I could celebrate other people's birthdays but I never really cared how I spent mine.

The only thing I knew for sure was that I would enjoy it no matter what because of the people that I was spending it with.

"I love it here and I don't ever want to go back." Jazzy sighed as she flipped onto her stomach.

I completely agreed with her, it felt good to not have to worry about anything and to just enjoy the moments as they came. "Same! It's paradise, did you have fun yesterday?" I asked her, referring to her birthday celebration.

"So, much fun! I can't believe that I got y'all to-" She stopped talking abruptly which caused Lea and I to sit up so that we could see what the problem was; we turned around to where her eyes were trained, Lea chuckled and I kept my mouth shut as we watched a shirtless Kev walking towards us. Jazzy cleared her voice and resumed the conversation. "To swim with the sharks, um, I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did."

Kev sat on the edge of Lea's sun lounger as he caught the end of what Jazzy was saying, "I can't believe that you got everyone to agree to that. Actually, you could probably convince me to do anything you wanted." He muttered the last part more to himself than the rest of us.

Lea opened her mouth but I stopped her with a look, the rest of us agreed to let Kev and Jazzy do whatever they wanted; even if that meant that they were stuck in denial. "I was scared to do it at first but it was so worth it. Sharks ain't even that bad when they're not murdering people." Lea commented as she attempted to kick Kev off of her chair, "Go sit on one of those empty chairs Kevin."

He rolled his eyes and did not budge, "Shut up ugly, I actually came out here to pitch y'all an idea." He rubbed his hands together, "Would you girls want to go in with me on one of the private islands? They're not even that expensive."

Jazzy arched an eyebrow as she considered the idea, "That could be nice, maybe we should see how we feel about this place when we're leaving though." She suggested as she got into a seated position. We'd been there for a little over a week and were planning on leaving the day after my birthday; I wished that we could have stayed longer than two weeks but we had work to do.

"I like the idea too but Jazzy is right, let's wait to make that kind of commitment." I told Kev although I could already picture us going back to Fiji countless times in the future. It would be a nice getaway for us and we could make a tradition out of it.

"That may be the best idea that you've ever come up with." Lea added, "Plus we can use it to generate income when we're not here. We'll get back to you on that Kevin." Lea and Kev acted like siblings, the annoying kind who loved to instigate arguments with each other for no reason but it worked for them.

He chuckled and stood up, preparing to go back inside. "Sounds like a plan gang." He hesitated before continuing. "Come find me later Jazz, I want to talk to you about something."

Jazzy smiled and nodded, "No problem Kev, I'll see you later." Her eyes followed after him and a small smile played at her lips.

Lea and I watched her in silence as an inner battle went on in her head.