27

-ain't no bitch in me bitch, come proper.

It had been three weeks since we hired sales associates and a manager to handle the store. We decided to take Saturday off to hang out, it was the first time that we left them alone and I was hoping for the best and ready for the worst. Jazzy's paranoid ass was monitoring the live camera feed of the store from her phone while we got our nails done; I was sure that she was mainly nervous about how her sister would behave without her there to monitor her. We mainly hired Khadija because we needed one more person and no other applicants came prepared, a lot of them were wanna be Instagram models trying to get ahead; we already had a roster of models and weren't looking for anyone else so they were mostly wasting our time and being unprofessional.

"Are they behaving Jazzy?" I asked her as she studied her phone intently.

She nodded, "They're letting the clothes pile up by the dressing room though, I don't want to call them because I don't want them to know that I'm watching. Can you make these a little rounder please?" Jasmine asked the nail tech as she examined her nails. The lady nodded and did what was requested of her.

"Good, we can give them some notes on the errors that we've observed today so that they can improve." Lea said, I nodded in agreement. Having employees made our lives significantly easier and we were able to place the focus on our administrative and creative duties.

"Smart, from what I see we just need to tell them to keep the changing area a little tidier." Jasmine added in agreement. "How's life in Loveland?"

I chuckled, giving her a look. "You gotta ask Lea because I'm not there yet." We turned to Lea expectantly.

"I'm so in love with him; he's just perfect. Sure, we fight sometimes but he's given me more love than I've ever received from a significant other." Lea gushed.

Jazzy cooed at her words, "I'm so happy for you Le! I'm happy that Darian is giving you the love that you deserve. What about you KiKi? Do you feel like something is holding you back from saying the 'l' word?"

I shrugged, "I'm just not there yet, there's no coming back after I let that word out; I need to be sure before I say it." I explained. We were interrupted before Jazzy had a chance to reply to me.

"Ain't that the bitch that was on Jason's Instagram?" I heard a bird chirp from by the door.

"Girl that's definitely her." Another bird replied, I then heard them get closer so I looked over.

Whelp, I was wrong; from the looks of it those were six horses not birds, in the face at least. One of the girls was grilling me like she knew me and whispering to her little friends while pointing in my direction; were they twelve?

"Can I help you?" I asked her, I did not want to get into an altercation while I was getting my nails done, but I'd known that it was only a matter of time before one of Jason's old hoes tried me; however, I thought he had better taste than her. Those girls looked ridiculous, from their cracked lips to their dry extensions.

The head horse in charge looked taken aback that I addressed her, "It's just funny that he claimin' you on the gram when I was at his crib last night." She attempted to flip the eight-year-old Sensationnelwig she had on. Lea almost choked next to me.

I laughed; she really thought that she'd affected me, "Oh word? Where does he live?" I ignored my nail girl's protests and pushed my seat away from the table, then crossed my legs in anticipation of her response. Lea and Jasmine kept an eye on the other girls, just in case they wanted to join in.

All of a sudden, the confident horsey was sputtering and at a loss for words, "He stay in Queens bitch." She spoke with a level of uncertainty that was comical.