08 | Chapter eight

Chapter 8 | Imagine if I wasn't here

" I felt so much that I started
to feel nothing. "

L U X U R Y

I left Larissa's house at midnight, after us having watched two seasons of FRIENDS and played TWISTER for a long time.

I was exhausted and just wanted my bed. The problem was that the nearest cab was two hours away and Larissa's driver had gone home with all of the other maids and I didn't have my phone to call Harry to pick me up.

None of us had a drivers permit so we couldn't drive either. "I can call my mom to take you home." Jonas shrugged, taking a bite off an apple.

I looked over to the sofa only to see Larissa and Elizabeth sleeping. Damian looked over to me, raising an eyebrow.

"You're not walking home." Damian shook his head, standing up from the floor and walking up to me.

I looked down as I slipped on my jacket, checking to see if my wallet was in my pocket as well as my keys. "Well," I swallowed hard. "I have to be home by the time the pool cleaner arrives, which is at five in the morning, because he doesn't have my house keys. Plus," I sighed, rubbing both of my eyes with tiredness, "I didn't tell Eleanor where I was going and she'll call my parents saying I haven't been home for two days–" I decided to shut my mouth, looking at both of them who were listening carefully. "It doesn't matter." I shook my head, looking over at Liz and Lari who started snoring. I opened the entrance door, a chilly wind entering the warm house, making my hair fly everywhere. "Tell them both I said goodbye?" I gave them two a small smile as they nodded.

"See you Friday?" Damian scratched the back of his neck, talking about his mom's annual Thanksgiving party.

I looked into his honey eyes and slowly nodded. "Just text one of the girls the address because we're probably going to meet up before going." I said quietly as I took a small strand of hair out of my mouth.

I looked over at Jonas, who had a tired face. "Good night." I glanced at Damian before closing the door behind me, and walking down the steps.

It was pitch black. It had been just after five o'clock.

I yawned with tiredness, crossing my arms underneath my chest as I walked around the front fountain and made my way to gate, pressing my thumb onto the fingerprint scanner. With a small beep, the gate opened without a sound, and I made my way out.

There were only a few lamps on the dark streets, making it hard to see where I stepped. I internally groaned with the thought of having to walk for half an hour.

I played with my keys inside my pocket as the cold wind blew on my face, making my eyes water and my lips crack.

I saw a group of girls, probably drunk, running in heels towards my direction, and wanting to avoid any possible interaction with them, I crossed the street, looking both ways before doing so, even if the road was deserted.

A few minutes went by as I walked through the good part of the neighborhood, until I got outside the "wealthy perimeter", entering the not so safe part of town.

I had walked here by myself hundreds of times and nothing happened. At least that's what I told myself when I saw a group of people walking towards me, silently hoping them to be girls again.