24 | Chapter twenty four

Chapter 24 | Can we talk?

" this is not your practice life.
This is all there is. "

L U X U R Y

His driver left us in front of my house, inside the gate.

Damian seemed to be a little more sobered up, which was good. I walked out of the car with him in a rush, wanting my bed more than anything else in the world, and Damian in there with me as well.

I unlocked the door with a smile, then laughed with the joke Damian told me about the chicken that crossed the road.

"You sure she let you? You can always call her to make sure she hasn't changed her mind." I tell him, finally unlocking the door and walking inside, Damian walking with me. I took off my shoes, then heard someone making a sound, which was probably Damian.

Soon, I was placed against the door and Damian was kissing my lips. I hugged his neck while his hands went to my waist, bringing me impossibly closer to him. He groaned something under his breath, his tongue entering my mouth.

I brought both of my hands to his cold cheeks, slowing down his movements with a smile.

We finally parted from each other and he placed a kiss on my nose, but that want I saw behind him made my heart stop.

It was both of my parents, looking at us with socked expressions on their faces.

"Shit." I said under my breath, pushing Damian off me in less than a second. I felt my cheeks burning.

"What–" Damian started with frowned eyebrows, but turned around to see what I was looking at. "Oh." He said.

I looked over to my dad, whose eyes were widened and his lips parted. So was my mom. Her hand was on her chest, as if what she was seeing was the most shocking thing in her life.

"Hello." Damian cut the thick tension in the air.

My parents looked at him at the same time. I still felt my cheeks burning.

"Um, oh, hello–hi," My mom shook her head, her yes closed. "What–Quinn–" She stuttered, looking at me and Damian. "Um, can we talk?" She finally said, her yes still widened.

"Yes, I would like to talk. All of us." My dad said, his eyes still harshly placed on me.

I bit my lips, then followed them to the living room, Damian following next to me, his hand finding mine.

The silence was awkward. Damian sat next to me while mom and dad sat on the sofa across from us. Mom crossed one leg over the other, while dad rested his ankle on his knee, his hands crossed on his lap.

"We, um, recently received a call from the police department," mom started, taking a few pauses, her eyes now focused on Damian. "They called us, warning, us that our daughter had been taken in for an interrogation over the subjection of drugs." She swallowed.

"We didn't like that." Dad shook his head. "I was worried sick." He added. "And you," he pointed to Damian. "I never even knew you were dating my daughter." He said harshly.

Damian licked his red lips. "I never got e chance to introduce myself." He said not missing a beat.

Suddenly I had weights lifted off my shoulder. Damian seemed confident, something I wasn't exactly feeling at the moment.

Dad blinked a couple of times. "Right. You're Noah's son. He's Noah's and Diana's son." He sad to mom.

Mom already knew that. "I know, darling. Quinn stayed over their house one day because she had an accident." She said slowly.