~It All Begins~

I placed my finger over the trigger and took on last breath before shooting. I suddenly became calm as I knew that the herd was way behind me as I've been running for about an hour now away from the flesh eating maniacs. But seriously, how does a bite do anything? Ok, I get a meat eating animal turning you but come on, a human?! Or in other words, a hybrid. If I just bit someone out of rage would they shoot me and possibly kill me? Who knows? Well for now I'm safe because I'm away from the herd and I have nothing to go back for! I blew the smoke from the hole of my gun away and continued running away. 

The forest was still quiet and peaceful around autumn and yes, I keep a calendar in my bag but I need to find another because it's nearly all full of lines in the boxes but I could just re-draw it all on the paper I found in the abandoned house I found with my pens and pencils but then it would take my lifetime to complete. It was even more relaxing because all of the birds and other animals have probably died out by now or just ran away to another country but who knows, they just might be in the ground or in the trees but silent. I pulled out a chocolate chip breakfast bar from my pocket and munched on it.

God, how long had it been since I've bothered to eat? Well now that I've started, I don't feel like I can stop! I've got enough to last me around a month but I just don't really bother to eat because I'm so busy running away or fighting/killing zombies and scavengers who try to steal off of me. I snatched the bottle of water out of my pocket of my slightly ripped green backpack and took a few sips. All I could see was trees and dead trees for days so I looked around a bit more but there it was, the old plain sight. My plan was to go to the mountains and build or find a house there so I can wake up to a beautiful sight once again when I used to live on one when this whole thing wasn't a thing and I could live a perfect 14 year old life but then this world turned upside down and crap went crappier. 

I had to kill my own mother and father. It scarred me for a few months mentally and physically but then I killed a few zombies and I felt like there was nothing else I could do and that it was the right thing to do. To stop they're suffering. I walked over to a tree stump and put my backpack on it. Damn, when was the last time I saw my father cut a tree down with his friends? I stuffed my bottle in the pocket again but threw the wrapper on the floor. Who's gonna fine me? The police? They're gonna come back from the dead just for me and this? Haha, I'd like to see them try before I pop they're brains out! I put the gun in my pocket then put the backpack back on my back and continued walking. All I was really aiming for was a little town or an abandoned house but my luck wasn't really rubbing on me lately.

I planned on having children when I was younger but I don't think that I want to now as the apocalypse will kill them and me. I've never been in love so how was I supposed to learn? There were no boys for miles from here and the adoption centres probably aren't taking in children anymore or even giving them away. I wonder, what happened to the kids? Did the adults and staff just let them die? Did one commit suicide? I will never know sadly. I noticed a shiny object buried by a tree so I cautiously walked up to it and I gasped slightly. It was an army patterned bike. Nice find Scar! I pulled it out which made a bit of sound but I didn't bother to worry because now I had a sick ride! There wasn't a helmet or a bell so I just shrugged it off and sat on the seat. I only needed a few tools now to adjust the seat hight so that was my next task, a tool box! Never really thought that a 19 year old girl would be thinking that...

I started peddling and it surprisingly worked so I felt my hair flow through strong breeze. Wait...I wonder...is there showers anymore? Probably not but just a thought! Wait...what if I needed glasses or contacts? Would I just scavenge for some? Who knows! Oh and reader, here's what I'm wearing! I was wearing a green sleeveless shirt with a leather jacket and some ripped jeans with white trainers. How did I find a fitting bra and clothes? Who knows! I looked into the distance and saw a dog wining. It's poor teary eyes meant pain so I swiftly peddled over to it and a tear ran down my cheek then I started shaking.