~Checking Around The Place~

~2 weeks later~

As the days went by, people got more settled in. The word has quickly spread about what Cory did to me, even though it was kind of private and it's not a big deal, so he is currently being closely watched by Hunter and Matt. Rain and Sebastian cook the food for us and keep track of what's left and what's gone every few days. Steve And Buddy looked around the area once every day but not too far out so they could have a chance of getting lost, bitten or hurt. On the other hand, Daniel and I agreed that we would both go on the motorbike and go to the top of a steepish cliff to get a real idea of what was around us. Valentine would stay at the lodge just in case something went down. "Ready?" Daniel asked, breaking my thoughts and handing me a gun.

"Yeah, you?" I replied and got the gun from his hand then smiled.

"Never been more ready." I jumped on the back with him and hugged him tightly from the back, then we both set off. Him and I have been getting closer as the hours go by. I'm now realising that I wasn't just doing this to please him, I was doing it because I fully love and trust him. "We should spend at least an hour out. Just to make sure."

"Your right. I'm happy we're together." I buried my head into his back.

"Me too Scar. Me too." We circled the place a bit then gradually went thurthur out. It was becoming a cold ass winter which was good as we had a warm lodge with heating, a fire place and sheets. 

"We should try find Chloe soon. I know it's not my business really but still, I want to find her for Carter." Daniel huffed. "I-I'm sorry! Its just that that's the reason."

"It's fine. It's nice of you to care about us. I have to talk to Cory though, son of a bitch is still in charge, I can't believe it!"

"If I have to go alone, I will."

"No way you are! She was my friend, and I can't live without you, not anymore!"

"Happy to hear that." I kissed his neck softly then lowered myself back down. "You know what?"

"What?"

"I don't care about children. As long as I have you and my friends, I'm fine. I was getting ahead of myself back then. But..maybe one day."

"Just say the word and I'll do it."

"S-shit, you mean that?"

"Yeah. A bullet I'll take, kids, time alone, time together, kill someone, twerk." I burst out laughing. "I'll do anything, and that's a promise. Girlfriend or not, I love you!" I got a glimpse of something by a bush so I shook Daniels shoulder and he gradually stopped. I took out the binoculars from the backpack on Daniel and looked over to where I saw the figure then saw it run away.

"Someone's there!" I exclaimed, still trying to keep my eye on the person but soon lost sight of them. "Crap, I lost 'em!"

"Don't worry, probably just another scavenger."

"Maybe. But still, it could be a sign that someone lives at the lodge or they're trying to get it." 

"Don't worry your ass, we can take them. We're stronger."

"But still, that's only one person! There could be hundreds, thousands!"

"Babe, there ain't thousands of us left."

"How do you know?"

"Because I just do. Come on, let's head back. I'm not in the mood to keep watch."

"I guess." I sighed.

"Maybe your just seeing things? You might be tired, it's getting late out."