~Staying with him~

"Hunter." I finally replied, hooking my arm with his. He just blushed then smiled sweetly so I returned it. 

"Ok, good, but can we now focus on my fucking girlfriend?" Matt asked again and I nodded.

"Of course. I'll go get the shovels with Hunter." I replied then walked out of the room with Hunter. "You ok staying with me? I mean, I could eventually get annoying so..."

"Oh! Of course I am! What would we do though? Oh, shovels are in the basement by the way." He said as I was going to go to Cory's office.

"I knew that!" I nudged him in the side with my elbow and followed behind him. "But we should probably scavenge locally so we don't go too far out and secure the place a bit more. Maybe even pack our stuff if we're lucky to find some suitcases and many backpacks here."

"Oh yeah, we got a few in spare rooms upstairs so we should be fine. What are you going to say at Ash's funeral?" I thought for a moment, like him.

"Probably: Dear Ash, Thank you for being so nice to me in the beginning, even though I was a stranger, and telling me stuff. All my time here, you were there for me and all of your loved ones will make you proud, I'm sure, Thank you friend. Is that good?" He paused for a moment but then looked at where he was headed, down the long and dangerous stairs.

"It's amazing. Everyone will appreciate it! I bet Ash will too." At the bottom of the staircase was a vast gap, with sharp shards of wood poking in the hole. Below was just the inside of the stairs, darkness that could swallow you in one gulp. "Here." He jumped down bravely then reached his hands out to my waist. "I'll help you down." I let him take me and lift me down to the floor in front of me, but still kept a firm grip on my waist.

"Thanks! Your such a gentleman." 

"Oh, I'm not a gentleman." As I was starting to walk away, I turned around. "Nor a man. I'm just a teen who cares for his partner that he's staying with." 

"Got a shorter version of that?"

"Well...I'll think about it." He jogged beside me and looked into my eyes, possibly losing himself in me. I mean, I wouldn't blame him.

"How about HunterBear?"

"W, what? Haha!" As he was laughing his ass off, I swooped under his arm and hugged him.

"Your a good hunter and your like a huggable bear! Your my bear!" He put his arm around me and hugged my body back.

"Alright, I get it more." We reached a big plastic box, which he opened, and retrieved two shovels. "You uhh...want to join me digging?"

"Sure. She was my friend too and I did join you getting them, it's only fair."

"Alright!" He handed me one and we headed back, only discussing the safety of the building and how we would have to be very cautious. As we reached the stairs again, he climbed on the side to get to the remaining stairs up above, then held me to the wall as I followed behind. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him smile so much while I've been here. The things on the side which helped me up were just planks of wood hammered onto the wall to make it easier to climb on. When we got back into the main pub room, everyone shot their eyes at us for a second but then huffed and tended to Ash again, wrapping her body in a pink blanket. Her eyes had been shut by someone and her frown killed me inside. My lip began quivering so Hunter softly grabbed my wrist and brung me outside. Both him and I walked into the forest for a few minutes, heads hanging low, then I leaned up against a grand, vast and old tree and burst into tears, struggling to speak.

"This is...all my fault!" I finally whimpered, letting the tears fall down my cheek.

"It isn't-"