~Luck~

When we arrived back at the hotel, it had a beating like the windows were smashed and you could see spots of food here and there but apart from that, everything looked normal. "Guess we just got lucky!" Scarlett said then walked inside.

"Yeah. I guess." It was going to be cold but we could just snuggle up as it's turning winter. But as Scarlett was walking inside slowly, I saw her stuffing something in her pocket so I walked up to our room where she was.

"Now, just stay quiet!" She whispered to what looked like our bedside table cupboard. She closed it then stared deeply into my eyes. Her face burned up but she tried to hide it with a smile. "H, hey babe! How are you?" She showed her sharp fangs.

"Scar...what's going on?" I asked then sat on the bed while she stood in front of me.

"N, nothing! I swear hun!" She leaned down, resting her palms on my legs, then kissed me. "I missed you!" She whispered seductively in my ear. I sighed deeply.

"What's going on?" I repeated.

"Nothing! I promise you!" Then I heard a loud purr come from the cupboard. 

"What was that then?" I raised an eyebrow at her and smiled.

"J, just the bed, I'm sure!" Then there was more purring. I held her hands.

"Tell me now!"

"Nothing! I promise!" I heard a soft meow. I opened the door and there was a little white cat with a black heart around it's right eye, rubbing it's cheek on a box of condoms. "Ahh!" Scarlett shut it again swiftly. "Hehe! Nothing, see?"

"Babe? There's a kitten in there with a box of...uh...things. Where did you find that stuff?"

"Ahh! I give up! I found the box lying around in the jail cell and the kitten while we were walking home. How could I leave them?!" She flopped on the bed beside me then slapped her palms onto her face while burning up more and moaning in embarrassment.

"Haha! Babe, you did the right thing!" She looked up at me questionably. "I mean the cat- yeah cat! Look, what happened? I mean how did you get there?" She leaned into my side and sighed deeply.

"Someone bashed my head with a bat or something like Sebastian I think then we woke up tortured and chained up in that cell."  She opened the cupboard door so see the cat still nuzzling the condom box then picked it up, then it licked her while still purring. "Haha!" Her smile was filled with sweetness and joy, just seeing the kitten in the first place made her light up. The kitten gladly sat on her shoulder which made her face light up even more then they bashed heads softly. "Well, I better find some food for her if we want her to survive, eh Valentine?" Valentine? Of course my girlfriend would pick the cutest name possible! 

"Yeah, Ash would be happy to see her!"

"Oh my god! Your totally right!" She suddenly jolted outside of the room then I slowly followed, looking at the graffitied and smashed up door. It was just little messages like die or go kill yourself. Guess they really want us to die for Masons death. I saw Ash cuddling the kitten while Scarlett fed it some fish from the nearby river. They seemed to be enjoying their selves so I walked outside to a fallen log which Steve and Hunter had just chopped down. 

"What should we do with it Cory?" Steve asked while Hunter moved to the next tree.

"I'll deal with it. We need to scrap the wall for now and we have to think about the windows now so we can stay warm, could you please help Hunter? He looks like he needs help again." 

"Yes sir!" He ran over to Hunter but my mind wondered why people were calling me boss now. Was I actually a good leader? 

"Hey puddin' cake!" A voice behind me said so I turned around and met a gaze at my astonishing girlfriend, Scarlett. Her eyes sparkled slightly at the sunset.