The End of Days

"KP... they're catching up!" Ron panicked, as he continued to run, already running out of breath. Kim ran in front of him, trying to cook up a plan to herself. Her eyes darted around her rapidly, as she looked for some way out of their problem. As she ran forward, she saw a stone cliff ahead of her. With a tree of grey leaves standing right at the base.

"I have an idea!" She shouted, as they continued forward. Ron looked at her with curiosity. She then pointed to the tree ahead. Still no idea what Kim was talking about, he nodded anyway.

As they approached the base of the tree, Kim then reached in her bag, and pulled out her always useful, hair dryer grapple gun.

"Right... now! Ron grab my waist!" She commanded her skittish boyfriend. He did as told, as she then aimed her gun at the top of the tree. The hook shot to the very top, and wrapped around the thickest branch she could see. "AHH!" She heard Ron yelp, like he was in pain. She briefly looked back, and saw one of the creatures had clawed the back of his bicep. Nothing I can do about it now. It can wait.

She picked her feet off the ground, letting the momentum swing them into the air. Ignoring Ron's girlish scream in her ear, she had to focus on her timing. Timing was everything.

She narrowed her eyes, staring at the top of the top of the cliff. She swung to the height where her momentum had about run out, leaving them just frozen in the air for a split second. In that split second, she let go of the hair dryer grapple gun, and fell down onto the ridge of the cliff. She and Ron rolled as they landed, instantly feeling the painful impact. The cliff was only a few feet lower than the tree, but not a fun drop nonetheless.

Kim moaned in slight pain as she began to sit back up, rubbing the back of her head. God I hope I didn't tear that wound back open. She thought to herself, feeling for it on the back of her skull. But she knew she wasn't finished yet. She ignored the pain in her skull, and looked back at the tree. The creatures were beginning to climb it, pacing up at an alarming pace. "Shit!" Kim said in a quick panic, as she reached around in her pocket. She then pulled out the laser lipstick she had used not much earlier.

She aimed it at the tree, and shot the laser directly at its base. The laser cut through the very bottom, toppling the monstrous 80 foot tree to its side. She didn't care that the laser had cut off some of the finger or legs or even arms of the creatures. All she knew, was her own fear. She hyperventilated heavily, plopping back onto her back. She laid in the same shape as Ron, but faced the other way. Their heads right next to each other.

"Oh... everything hurts.." She heard Ron whine behind her—still half dazed at the fact she just saw monsters. And escaped them, for that matter.

"KP.."
"Yeah?"
"... You know absolutely no one is gonna believe this, right?"
"Yup."

They laid in awkward silence, looking up and the falling sunset. That was, until Ron rolled over to his side, and faced her. "Hell of a date night, huh?" Ron propped himself up by his elbow, with his trademark grin. The only reaction he got from Kim, was a punch in the shoulder. He chucked, as he plopped back down beside her. Then, they heard a loud cracking sound. A very distinctive cracking sound.

They both looked up—sharing the same idea, and sat up. That's when they saw the Global Justice logo, heading straight for them. A helicopter. Their help finally arrived.

The helicopter approached them, a rope extended from the door. Kim quickly helped her favorite klutz off the ground, as they scrambled to grow a hold of the shaking rope.
The two grabbed the woven grips, and felt the jerk of the vehicle continue its way into the night falling Sky.
———————————————————————

"So I want you to explain this to me, one more time." Dr. Director folded her arms, sitting across from them at a large board room table. It was a room so tightly sealed, not even a fly could get in. Probably.

Ron and Kim sat on the other side of the table, both wearing clean clothes with the GJ symbol on them. Ron's arm was wrapped in cloth wrap, and Kim had a bandaid on her cheek.
Kim was laid back in her seat, an annoyed look in her eye that shot daggers. Ron sat comfortable, but could feel the heat coming off her skin and the smoke coming out her ears.

"There's nothing else to explain. The spirit of an elder of some village in Peru spoke to us—

"And this elder was a... Skelton ghost?"

"Yes, and he told us about a legend—some... prophecy about the end of the world—

"A prophecy that involves you and the sidekick.."

"Hello, I have a name. Why does no one recognize me?"

"And.." Kim continues, grabbing Ron's arm to let him know that she gives him recognition.
"That's when these creatures rose out of the ground, and attacked us. Chasing us until we got on top of the cliff where you found us." Kim finished, and crossed her arms, almost sitting just like Dr. Director. The two watched as she stared at them, judging the story they told only a million times.

"So you're really expecting me to believe this." She finally spoke with an insulated like tone. "Are you freakin' serious!" Kim said in frustration and stood up, leaving Ron to grab her hand and easily sit her back down. "Look, Ms. Possible, I want to believe you. I really do. But how in anyway would ghosts and creatures and prophecies have anything to do with seismic earthquakes. Do you really wanna know what I think?" She said back in her same monotone voice.

Kim stared at her, with the exact same look of annoyance she had since the beginning. "I think this has to do with Shego, and you're just covering for her so we can believe she's changed her ways." Dr. Director began to stand up. Ron and Kim then dropped their jaws in sync, as they stared at her with a conflicted face.

"Shego? SHEGO? You have to be—

" 'Freaking kidding you?' No Ms. Possible, I am not. Shaking the earth? Causing the temple to collapse in itself? Green lights? Don't tell me that alone slipped your mind. Look, I know the complicated past between Team Possible and Shego. And I'm sorry to say that you have given me no reason to believe otherwise."

"You literally showed us the photos of the hieroglyphics!"

"That was, until I found out I was terribly misinformed. Which doesn't happen often. Those writings? Forged. Those photos? Edited. Tell me, did you even see the glyphs I showed you in the temple?" Dr. Director sighed deeply. Kim stood up and opened her mouth—beginning to protest, only to be at a loss for words. She didn't want to admit that she was right, even though she really didn't see any of the ones that were on the photo.

"I'm sorry Ms. Possible, Mr. Stoppable, but until we find out for sure what happened, Shego will remain a suspect." She stood up, and walked towards the door. She then stood in the open doorway, swaying her hand and signaling for them to leave.