Beginning of the End

Christmas Eve
17:00 Hours
Go City

The two teens sat on the plane, silence filling the entire airliner. It had been that way since they lifted off. But what was there to talk about? There was a chance they weren't going to live past the next few hours. And that chance, wasn't a pretty one.

They rode on a private plane, flown by Monty Fiske himself. There were only a handful of seats in the jet, but Kim and Ron sat across from each other on the far left side. they both fell silent, likely thinking about what was about to happen. Kim played multiple versions of the outcome in her head, while Ron attempted to think of how her plan will turn out. Hoping it would go perfectly smooth, but still aware it's going to be messed up at one point or another. Either by his buffoonish actions, or the Reaver's person agenda.

"Kim.." Ron broke the silence. Her dazed out gazed shifted towards him, eyes beginning to fall half asleep. "I Uh..." He began to hesitate, unknowing how to word the next sentence to come out of his mouth. She continued to stare at him with the same glance as before, only slightly raising an eyebrow.

He recognized that look, and sighed deeply. "Kim... you know what's about to happen. If one of us doesn't make it through this... I just want to let you know that—

"Don't... don't do that to yourself, Ron. I know where about to dive feet first into death, but don't think like that.." She said in a calm voice, reaching over and putting her hand on top of his. "Either way this is about to go.. we'll be with each other a hundred percent of the way." Her face finally formed a faint smile. His lips matched those of hers, grinning.

"Because... Ron I.. I-I love—

"We're right above the LZ. We'll be landing here shortly. All passengers please stay in your seats." Monty said sarcastically over his microphone, speaking throughout the entire jet. Kim looked up at the speaker, then back at Ron. Their now blank looks were locking eyes. Her hand on top of Ron's, then clenched his tightly. They longer they stared at each other, the more they could read into each other's minds.

"We can do this."

"I know we can."

They both took deep breaths, and sighed loudly to relieve all the nerves that built up inside them. Ron slowly moved his hand up to Kim's face, and moved a couple strands of red hair from her eyes. Feeling the smooth drag of his fingers along her temple made her smile in pure joy. Before feeling the jet begin to descend, Ron pulled her in, and locked his lips with hers. Their eyes closed, as their embrace held extensively. Kim pulled off of him, her cheeks almost as red as her hair.

"In a time like this.. I really needed one of those." Her smile finally opened her mouth. "You're telling me..." Ron said, smiling just as wide. They gazed into each other's eyes one last time, before pulling back in for another kiss.
_______________________________

The two teens began walking down the steps of the private jet, their equipment bags around their shoulders. Monty Fiske stood at the bottom of the white steps, watching them walk down. The two teens looked around the airfield, and looking up into the sky. It was bright grey, the snow softly falling. Hell, if it weren't the end of it world, this would be the most peaceful thing they'd seen in weeks.

Exiting the vehicle, the two turned to look at Monty. He knew the redhead was going to say something to him, but what he didn't know was if it was going to be something good or bad. "Well Monty... I never thought I'd say this but... thank you. For everything you've done for us." A light smile crawled across her face. His blank face remained exactly the same, his arms folded behind his back.