Chapter 13

Tony had now gone back to his old habits as he opened his old liquor cabinet and started taking shots which soon turned to drinking straight from the bottle. He was a wreck. He didn't know what or how to feel for this whole situation.It was the fact that he couldn't stand to see Steve now married to someone else that wasn't him, he wasn't even sure why he felt jealousy if they had broken up six years ago. He was happy that he now had shared custody of their daughter but he was also afraid that he would change his mind and take Aurora away from him. But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't stop drinking. 

He had this urge to drink to relieve all of the pain that he was feeling inside and the fact that maybe he still couldn't forgive Steve for what he did. He took another swing of the dark substance. His vision was hazy and his mind was jumbled. The lab door opened revealing Aurora who was looking cautious as she approached her father "Daddy....are you alright?"she asked looking at him. To be honest this wasn't the first time seeing her daddy this distressed and drunk.

Tony in his intoxicated rage threw his bottle at her.Aurora flinched but held her soft scream in "Daddy please it's me Aurora''she said "Ari"she whispered softly pointing to herself.Tony stared at her before the haze cleared from around his memory realizing who she was "Ari?"he questioned.Aurora moved forward towards her daddy but slipped on a shard of glass landing on the shattered pieces.A scream echoed through the lab.It wasn't her who screamed it was Tony "Aurora!!"he rushed over to her staggering a little going down to his daughters level scooping her up.Her blood on his hands.Tony could feel the room start becoming smaller.His heart race racing. Too much sounds, too bright.

He was having an anxiety attack.Tony breathed slowly.He can't have one now with his daughter crying in pain "JARVIS suit me up"it caused quite a show to see Iron Man coming to a hospital with a bleeding child.The news has been all over the case.It is no secret anymore that Tony Stark has a child.The press has already made a list of possible mothers.If they only knew.Steve found out and practically ran all the way.

He entered the room to see a sleeping Aurora.Tony was sitting down with a hand on his head "How did this happen Tony?"he said in a calm tone "I...I lost control"he replied back softly not looking at him.Shame or is it guilt "You have been drinking again haven't you?"Steve said but got no response from him "The press has been all over you and my lawyer called about the next court date", "I think it would be best, if I gave you custody"Tony said finally looking up.

Steve felt bad for him he knew how hard he was trying to stop drinking and it wasn't something easy to do.But for him to tell him this, now this really took him by surprised "It is clear that I am unstable and I shouldn't even have a child", "Tony don't say that , you love and care for Aurora, and she would not want that"the super soldier knelt down in front of him he reached his hand out and grabbed his intertwining them together "I know, it will hurt to let her go but, I can't risk her getting hurt around me as I get my shit together"Tony sighed glancing up at him,Steve smiled not sure of what to say "Are you sure you want to do this?"he asked one last time he nodded his head looking back at Aurora. He would always do anything to protect her always.

****Day of the court****

Judge Raymond once again sat at the court bring the room to order, it had now been two weeks since he last saw Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.This past few days he had heard an awful lot of Tony now that the media knew that he had a daughter, of course as a professional he had to keep quiet of the fact that Aurora didn't have a mother rather then two fathers.He didn't know what to think of the situation though so he kept his opinions to himself. This wasn't a custody battle anymore it had become intriguing to Judge Raymond on why this was happening, this time with Aurora present 

"Order in the court,Mr. Rogers it says here that Mr Stark is giving you full custody of the minor Aurora Maria Stark is that correct?"he began as he put his glasses on and looked up from the piece of paper in his hands staring at Steve"Yes your honor", "And so, Mr Stark you are granting this to him willingly"he continued now turning to look at Tony who whispered a low yes.Judge Raymond soon called Aurora to the stand so she could established how her life has been with Tony and what she wanted "Ok darling go head"Aurora glanced at Tony with tears in her eyes as she began to speak "I...I want to stay with my daddy.