18

"Keuran!" She froze as her name was called by that familiar voice. "I heard about what happen to your friend." She turned to face Youngjae as he inches closer to her. She didn't move since she wanted to hear him out. "Pretty fucked up what she did to you. Leaked those pictures all over the internet using the schools camera. Poor girl is expelled."

She shrugged while tucking her hair behind her ear. "You know. Actions have consequences. She was supposed to be my friend but she made me and my boyfriend so vulnerable to the public." Youngjae didn't even look sympathetic for her. "It's disgusting."

"Yeah, it is!" He almost shouted. "It's really fucking disgusting how one person can break a million hearts for a guy who really doesn't fucking like you. I mean, if I met a girl like you flaunting around her looks then I'd say that I loved you too."

"Youngjae, I'm not doing this here." She scrambled to get in her office and Youngjae stayed right behind her. "What are you doing!?" She fought to close him out but he pushed the door open.

Without a second thought, he went over to her computer and turned it on. Keuran almost fainted.

"What else are you on your way to post? More pictures of me and Jinyoung. So Jaebum can think his own best friend is replacing him? So he can fall for you even more?" Keuran didn't say a word. She knew her computer was password protected and that he couldn't get in.

When Youngjae realized that he almost threw the keyboard. "Unlock it and go to the website. I bet you a million dollars you're already logged in."

"No. I'm not going to-"

"We have proof you started that account. Might as well give it up now, Keuran. Just tell Jaebum and don't make this harder on yourself. I have no problem exposing you."

"Why... why are you doing this? You promised me. We made a solid fucking promise." She hit her fist against the palm of her hand as she fought back the tears. "You know how I feel about him and you stab me in the back."

Youngjae sighed before pushing her rolling chair out the way to get to her. They were now standing feet apart, both feeling betrayed. "You never hurt, Keuran." He looked down at her eyes. "I don't even think you see pain in people but I do. And I see you standing in between to men who love each other. One might be weaker, but they still love each other."

"But Jae- Jaebum said-" her lower lip quivering as she prayed Youngjae wasn't being honest about a word. But she knew he was right.

She knew from the very beginning that Jaebum was using her to take this website down. That he could tell her to her face all day that he wanted her. But Jinyoung would still cloud up his mind.

"What do you want me to do?" That question made Youngjae point to her desktop.

'Web Page Not Found'

"Aish! What is this!?" A student slapped her phone down from across the cafeteria. Another showed up also complaining. "They probably snatched it off because the owner posted those photos!" Some agreed. "It was that stupid, Hwaryeong. She always ruins a good thing!"

Jinyoung and Youngjae walked around the cafeteria and closely listened to the uproars. The only person who was deeply shocked was Jinyoung. He stood next to his friend proudly and didn't forget to tell him thank you. Youngjae was more than honored to accept the praise.

"You actually did it." They sat down across from each other without breaking their smiles.

"Eh, I feel her punishment wasn't good enough. I tried to talk her into coming clean with the boards but she was set on keeping her scholarships. Hopefully her karma comes around to bite her back."

Like usual, Youngjae brought Jinyoung some left overs his mother cooked and Jinyoung shared some pieces from his tray. The two settled and ate happily, but of course that didn't last long.

A hand draped around Jinyoung's neck and Jaebum's cologne is all that filled his nostrils. "The website is down. Thanks to me." Youngjae shared a glance to the male across from him trying not to smirk. "You know what that means?"

"You owe me a big fat apology for stringing me along, playing with my feelings, and acting like a shot hole of a friend for the past three months." Jaebum's arm dropped. "Yeah, I know what that means."

"Keuran dumped me the moment news spread about the website. Internally I was cheering but on he outside I expressed my hurt. The moment she walked away, I ran straight to you. Because I miss you, Jinyoung. And yeah I was a totally dick. A closeted and homophobic scum bag who should have handled this a lot better."

He got Jinyoung's attention one word at a time. But Youngjae obviously didn't feel like hearing it.

"I was wrong for telling you one thing and showing you another. I was wrong for not letting you explain your side of the situation and I was fucking wrong for choosing her dumb ideas over our friendship."
Discretely, Jaebum held Jinyoung's hand under the table. "And I'm sor-" Jinyoung immediately snatched his hand away before continuing to poke around his plate.

"You still don't mean it."

That's when it hit Jaebum. He knew exactly what Jinyoung wanted and his sudden burst of adrenaline made it possible. Like a lighting bolt, Jaebum was on top of the table stopping and making a scene. Jinyoung stared with wide eyes and disbelief.

"Listen up people I don't know! As you may have heard, JJP fan page has been snatched off the face of the earth within hours. And damn it! I'm just as pissed off! I mean, first I was a bit weirded out how a bunch of strangers could convey the love I had for my best friend within pictures and short stories and even songs! Not going to lie, I stayed up reading most of that shit laughing to myself and hoping one day that'll all be true.

But I messed up big time. Instead of embracing how I felt about Jinyoung, I pushed him away and found refuge. I didn't want anyone knowing I was gay or having gay thoughts. I wanted it all down immediately. Because... I was embarrassed of myself. And I was scared my best friend would reject me and he was so fed up that he couldn't even tell me... he was gay.

Now that's some pitiful shit, am I right?"

The cafeteria silently muttered agreements.

"Now I'm not saying to try this at home but when you screw up," he looked down at Jinyoung who was urging for him to continue. "Let everyone know so you won't do that shit again. So Park Jinyoung. Be my fucking boyfriend."