Chapter Three// Fire And Ice

"They say opposites attract,

But that's not always the case"

Chapter Three: Fire And Ice

·°•°·°Violet's POV°·°•°·

I woke up when we arrived because I smelled smoke.

"He burnt the kitchen again, didn't he?" I heard Sebastian ask himself as I got out of the carriage on my own.

"Go see what happened," I said. "I'll be up in my room writing."

As I walked up the stairs Ciel was coming down then and he paused next to me.

"Lady Violet, I am hosting a party tonight if you'd wish to attend. After all, you are a guest in my manor." Ciel said.

"We'll see." I said and continued up the stairs.

"Lady Violet! Have you heard about the party? I'll help you pick an outfit, yes I will!" Mey Rin said when I entered my room.

"When does it start?" I asked.

"It starts in three hours, yes it does!" She said and opened my closet, helping me find an outfit suitable for the party. "The corset is going to be a pain, yes it will, but I will help you!"

"A corset?" I asked, remembering the episode where Ciel had to wear a corset when he dressed as a girl.

That hasn't happened yet, though.

Mey Run grabbed a dark red dress with black lace and black shoes with slight heels. "Lady Violet, do you like this dress?" She asked and I nodded.

I cringed when I saw the corset and slowly inched towards the door.

"This shouldn't take too long"." Mey Rin said.

~~~

"I can't breathe!" I gasped after I was fully changed into the outfit she had picked.

"You'll get used to it, yes you will." Mey Rin said and grabbed a necklace with a ruby, fastening it around my neck after putting my hair in a fancy bun secured by a dark red ribbon.

She gave me ruby earrings and I put them on, looking at my reflection in the vanity.

"You could use a little bit of makeup." Mey Rin said and I scowled.

"Are you saying I'm ugly?" I asked and she frantically shook her head.

"Of course not, Lady Violet! I was just saying that you could use some makeup to complete the look!" Mey Rin said, panicking.