Eighteen

Hayden's POV:

Today I have a doctors appointment and I could possibly found out the gender of the baby.

Amanda couldn't make it to the appointment and neither could Scotland. So Sam said he would come with me. Hopefully nobody recognizes either of us. That would be bad.

The roommates decided since we did a gender reveal party with just friends for Scotland and Colby that they would do the same for me. So were going to ask the doctor to write down the gender if they are able to find out and I'm going to give it to Scotland who's going to set up the whole thing.

"Are you excited to see the baby?" I asked Sam.

"Yeah. I think it will actually really hit me when I see it" Sam hasn't been to any of the doctors appointments with me so this is his first.

"I'm more excited to see if it's a boy or girl" I said as Sam pulled up to the doctor. Thankfully there weren't many cars here.

-

"Hello Hayden how are you feeling?" The OBGYN asked as he walked in the room.

"I'm doing okay. A little tired but morning sickness is completely gone" I said.

"Okay were going to go ahead and check your weight and blood pressure" he said.

He weighted me and I only gained a couple pounds so not much and my blood pressure he said was normal.

"So so far everything with mom is looking good" he said.

"Good. I've been a little stressed but I've been trying not to be" I explained.

"Yeah try to not stress about anything too much"

"I've been trying but a lot has happened with me and a friends so i'm just glad I had this appointment so we can make sure everything is looking good with the baby"

"Okay well lets take a look" he said as he started setting up the ultrasound machine.

"You had morning sickness?" Sam asked me quietly.

"Yeah but not bad it was like maybe twice a week in the morning" I explained.

"Is this the dad?" The doctor asked.

"Yes this is Sam" I said.

"Nice to meet you Sam. I don't remember you having anyone with you last time you were here" he said.

"No it was just me last time. This is his first doctors appointment so he's excited"

"Alright well lets see what's going on" he said before putting the ultrasound probe on my stomach and moving it around.

"Hmmm this is interesting" he said.

"What?" Sam asked. He put the probe down and picked up the folder he walked in with that I'm assuming was my records. He looked over them then quickly wrote something down.

"Is everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"Let me just double check" he said before picking up the probe and putting it on my stomach again.

"Is everything okay with the baby?" Sam asked.

"Everything looks fine. Let me turn the volume up so you guys can hear the heartbeat" he said. He flipped something on the ultrasound machine and the room was filled with loud thumps. I looked over at Sam and saw him smile which caused me to smile.

"Wait...why does the heartbeat sound like that? It's sounds very off like it's pumping super fast" I asked.

"That's what I was just writing down. Hayden.....I don't see it in your records so I don't know if we talked about it but....did we ever talk about you having twins?"