Chapter Six: Captain?

Levi was the first to react to the sound of the unconscious boy in the bed, and was by the teen's side in seconds due to him being there originally. The man grabbed hold of Eren's hand and brought it close to his face, watching his lover fight against his body to wake up. Everyone else walked up closer to the bed when they watched their Captain frantically rush to their friend's side, Historia had sat up to get a glimpse of the teen who had entrusted his own life to but proved fruitless as the group was surrounding Eren's bed, enclosing him from her sight. Armin had rushed to his childhood friend's bed in the same frantic rush as Levi did, and his sight would switch from Eren to the Captain. Mikasa walked over to the foot of the bed and keeled down keeping her eyes glued to her brother, meanwhile, Jean only stayed where he stood when they entered the infirmary.

Eventually the horse faced teen left without anyone noticing, or so he thought. When Eren finally opened his eyes, he watched Jean leave, and when his senses came to, he realized that all his friends were around his bed with relieved looks on their faces. Soon enough Connie spoke up with relief and delight in his voice.

" Jesus Eren! Next time you decide to wake up from fainting or going into a coma, say something first! Last time you did this we all were really worried." Connie stopped there for a few seconds then added one last comment, " It's good that you're not dead yet, Eren."

Levi had been staring at Eren ever since he heard him groan from waking up, or from pain, but Eren wouldn't return his gaze with his beautiful emerald mint coloured eyes. Without knowing it he had squeezed the teen's hand a bit tighter, causing him to look over in the man's direction, and the worst of all nightmares occurred right then and there. The teen had snatched his hand out of Levi's grasp and held it close to his chest with a hint of red powdered on his face.

" Captain?! Why were you holding my h... hand? It's weird." Eren looked away from the embarrassment as he spoke, growing redder still.

" R... right, sorry about that, I just thought that you were someone else..." Levi stood from his spot looking down at his feet trying not to let his emotions get the best of him, " I'll just go look for that person, I'll be back to check on you and Histor-" It was only now that he noticed the girl who his lover trusted couldn't see him, so he walked over to her and leaned into her ear to whisper something.

" Would you like to visit him, Historia?"

The girl looked up and quickly nodded, and soon after the man had lifted her out of her bed carefully and sat her down into a chair Reiner had pulled over for her after seeing this happen. Historia smiled gently and thanked the Captain, but he simply nodded and walked over to a desk with a chair there and sat down in it. Eren watched this happen and wondered why his Captain was acting this way, then he remembered the deaths of his comrades from the Female Titan. He looked down to his hands, which had curled up into fists, and swore under his breath quietly. He then looked up to everyone surrounding his bed and gave off a small light smile and giggled lightly, making everyone come rushing at him with jokes, hugs, and even getting his hair ruffled by his childhood friend, Armin.

Some time had passed and almost everyone had left except for Armin, Mikasa, Historia, and the Captain. Eren had realized that Levi had been in that chair since he woke up but he didn't remember what he did to make him so quiet and isolated all of a sudden. Then it hit him, when he had snatched his hand away from him, that must have been what Levi was upset about. He had found it weird but, his mind didn't agree with that statement though. He didn't know why but it had to mean something. Armin had taken a notice to Eren's emotions on face and quickly showed a friendly smile to try and grab his attention, but soon after the Nurse, Julia Gardener, returned with a clipboard in hand.

" It's time for his check up, so if you would please excuse him for a few minutes." Julia kept her gentle smile on the whole time she spoke.

Armin and Mikasa stood up to leave, Historia went back to her bed that was close to Eren's, and Levi remained in the chair he sat in for three hours straight. Julia noticed the Captain in the chair at the desk in the corner of the room and walked over to him. She gently tapped his shoulder, which to her surprise had frightened the man a little bit. His breathing was erratic but soon returned to normal as he realized that it was the nurse who had tapped him, she showed him a quick glimpse of the paper on her clipboard and so she stepped back and he stood up. It was the time and moment Levi wanted to be there for, to see if Eren, his lover, indeed lost his memories.

The two grown ups walked over to the teen in his bed, and sat down. Julia pulled back some of her brown hair and tucked it behind her ear while clearing her throat to get Eren's attention.

" Eren, I'm going to be asking you some questions so please try to answer them honestly, okay? This is part of your check up so you don't need to be alarmed." Julia looked down to her clipboard, grabbed something to write with, and looked back up to Eren, " Do you remember what happened to your mother, Eren?"

AU: Alrighty, so I was watching YouTube videos 'cause I had so many YT tabs open, but when I finished watching all those my Wattpad page opened up and I was like " Well minus well finish writing this chapter since I'm almost done." So here it is. So, do you think Eren really did lose his memories, and what's going on with Jean and Mikasa? What happened to Armin? How do you think Levi feels right now? Find out in the next chapter!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...