Chapter Thirty-Six: You lied??!!

Levi tried his best to stay awake, to go after Eren, but his body was wracked with pain and fatigue swept him into a dreadful sleep yet again. He tried again to wake but when he did he was in a large body of water, and when he tried to swim to shore, if there was a shore to swim to, he noticed that his ankles and wrists were chained to whatever lay beneath the water. He struggled as much as he could so he could free himself, but the more he struggled the more the chains pulled him down. He could feel the water filling his lungs to the point that he had awoken in a cold sweat. His breathing was chaotic, his throat parched from trying to scream for help in the dream, and his eyes dry from all the tears he's shed. Levi eventually calmed down and looked around the room where his lover used to sleep, it was bare of any clues that anyone used the room. So it was clear that Eren wanted to disappear from everyone's memories, the thought of it only saddened the man as he looked out the window to watch the sunrise.

The man was then startled by the knocking outside the door but his tension soon drained out so he stood up and opened the door. Only he was up against the wall in the blink of an eye, he struggled but his strength was lost from all his worrying about Eren's well being, but he kept fighting. He then heard the chilling chuckle from the man who the Captain called his superior, his Commander. The two men holding Levi in place then forced him onto his knees to look up at the blonde, whom was wearing a sadistic smirk. Levi grit his teeth and narrowed his eyes, growling his words like an animal.

" Why are you doing this to us?! What more do you want from me??!!"

The raven could feel the grip of his captor's hands loosen a bit and took the opportunity to knock them out, and when he attempted to lunge after Erwin he stopped in his tracks as the Commander had pulled a knife on him. He only smirked but when he reached for his own knife it wasn't there, and when he looked at the knife Erwin had in hand he realized it was his. Levi clicked his tongue in annoyance, raising his arms up in defeat but he started to count the steps Erwin took in his head. By the sixth step the Captain ran into action, grabbing the arm with the knife and breaking it in his hold. Erwin let out an agonized shout and fell to his knees, Levi took this chance to kick him into unconsciousness. When he was sure Erwin was knocked out he searched for any and all weapons he may have stored in his clothes.

" Two knives and a gun. He knew I'd be hard to take down, but why is he trying to kill me now? Does he know about Eren or... !" 

Levi stood up quickly and ran out of the room to look for Eren, storing the knives and gun into his jacket.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Eren had told Armin about his plan of escaping the walls, it took a lot of convincing but Armin agreed to help him. He thought about telling everyone but with things as they were he couldn't face everyone else, he was lucky that Armin had come up to him first than the other way round. He planned on telling Historia but Armin had run into him on his way to her so he changed his plan, he thought it was better this way seeing as Historia had come to care about him too. It would've been a hassle to cut ties with her so this was the only way, except, Armin wasn't too concerned about Eren's plan. It was a reckless and foolish one he had to admit and when he told Armin he was sure he'd tell him a different way to do things, only he hadn't. So Eren decided to keep his guard up, ' Even though he's my friend, I can't trust him. ' It was the only thought running in his head.

" So Eren, what do you plan to do when you escape? What's your goal in doing this?" Armin stopped dead in his tracks to ask.

" I... I just want Levi to stay safe, with things as they are right now... We'll both be sent to the gallows in the near future, so I want to leave him with a safe and happy life."