Chapter Fourteen: C... Captain?

Erwin held Levi's small fragile body close to his, he realized that no one was doing their job so he picked up the smaller man and carried him to the infirmary, running, hoping to get him there in time. He called for the nurse Levi had talked to every time he came to check on Eren, but he couldn't find her anywhere. He cursed under his breath and hurried over to where Eren's bed was, as he knew that Historia had been discharged and there haven't been any new expeditions beyond wall Rose, the bed next to Eren would still be open. When Erwin reached his destination he quickly took the petite man's shirt off of him and tore the sleeve off and wrapped it around his wrist. He watched as the blood had already soaked through the whole piece of clothing, but he wasn't going to waste more time, he had went off looking for the group of nurses that were always with Julia Gardener.

Eren was awake even before the Commander had run into the infirmary, and he guessed that he had missed the fact that the teen was awake. Eren had watched him frantically wrap his Captain's wrist and saw the amount of blood that was soaked into the fabric, and wondered what had happened to the man he had admired so much. The man next to him now lay on his bed with his chest and stomach to the bed and his back facing the ceiling, and a wave of relief washed over Eren as he saw that Levi was still breathing, however it was very slow and uneven. The teen got out of his bed and slowly walked over to his Captain, when he was close enough he quickly took a couple steps back when he saw one of Levi's eyes open all of a sudden.

He coughed harshly and spoke roughly all the same, " Damn brat... You shouldn't be out of your bed... Your injuries will worsen..." Levi brought his arm that had the fabric wrapped around it up for the younger man to take hold of, before it fell back down to his side.

Eren quickly grabbed hold of his Captain's hand right before it even touched the soft bed, and held it in his. He was shocked to feel the coldness of Levi's skin, to see his Captain so sick looking was beyond anything he would ever see from this man that he admired so. He sat down next to Levi on his bed, his warm hand still holding the colder one, and allowed his eyes to capture the sight of the scars on the man's back. ' How did these happen, and most importantly, why is his wrist wrapped up? ' Eren thought as he stared at the scars and wounds on both Levi's back and his wrist. He was a bit startled when he heard his Captain chuckle.

" You wondering how I got those scars aren't you? I'll tell you if you ask me about them."

" Could you kindly tell me how those appeared on your back, Sir? And I'd like to know about the injury wrapped on your wrist too please."

" I only said I'd tell you about the scars, not this..." Levi nudged his chin in the direction his arm was in that was wrapped and looked back at Eren, he had wished he didn't do so. Eren's eyes were filled with pure consideration and with a troubled look on his face, he just couldn't bring himself to tell his subordinate about his own weakness, " I'm only telling you about the scars and that's it. Am I clear?"

Eren looked down to his hands holding Levi's cold hand and slowly nodded. He wasn't going to let the Captain get away with not showing him his wound though, he listened to the man's story carefully while starting at the marks covering his back. At one point the teen ended up touching every scar that was on Levi's back, tracing hem gently with his finger tips.

Levi's POV

Having Eren's finger tips on my back was a shock at first but I quickly relaxed. I knew this had to be my punishment for what I had done to him, having him touch me like this but with me not being able to return that touch. His warmth remained on every scar he traced, leaving a burning sensation, not of furious burning destruction, but with an emotion I couldn't give to Eren.... Love.

I felt it from the gentle way he was comforting me, it was enough for a tear to slide down my cheek.

Third Person POV

Eren noticed the Captain's eye had more of a glint than before, and right then and there, he witnessed his Captain, humanity's strongest, weeping tears of sorrow. The teen was taken aback but he took his hand that was on his back and brought it to the man's cheek, and gently wiped the salty substance off his cheek.

" I'm sorry Eren, I knew I shouldn't have done this!" Levi cried as he ripped the fabric off his wrist, revealing the cuts underneath.

Eren's eyes widened in shock, and then desperation kicked in. ' Why would the Captain do this to himself? What's going on? Is it another memory I still have yet to recover? ' Eren thought as his hands held Levi's arm softly to see the new scars that would be left behind.

" C... Captain? Why did y-" Eren quit talking, the Commander had come back.

" I see you were attending to Captain Levi, I thank you for that, Eren. You showed him huh?"

Levi only nodded his head, not saying a word to anyone. Behind the Commander was the team of Nurses that worked under Julia, turns out they are going to treat to Levi's wounds and continue helping Eren. The nurses quickly put Eren back in his bed, scolding him all the while, Levi was tired of listening to them blaming him for something so stupid, so he decided to take the blame.

" It's not his fault, I ordered him to come over to my bed. So quit your yelling already."

Julia turned to him with a soft but stern expression on her face, " Please leave him be, he needs to re-"

" I don't need any more rest, I'm tired of just sitting here in this damn bed. I want to be discharged." Eren spoke with annoyance in his voice as he spoke to Julia.

She sighed and nodded her head, before she left the two Eren grabbed her by her wrist and asked of one more thing.

" May I be discharged the day the Captain is?"

She put on a small smile and nodded.

AN: Ok, so when I was at 975 words I couldn't think of how to end the chapter, so sorry if it's a bit of cheesy ending. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you in the next one!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...