Chapter Twelve: He's dying, Levi

I don't know if this is really a warning or not but I'm putting it here in case. Trigger warning. A very sad one as you can see from the title and pic. ಗಾ ಗಾ

Levi stayed by Eren's side the entire time the nurses operated on him, and when he saw the damage they had fixed, for they pointed them out, he grieved from the teen's pain he had went through. When he saw the injuries he had received a flash of memories, and he finally found out what and who had done that to him.

It was Levi.

The whole operation took about an hour and a half because Julia and her team needed to re-stitch Eren's injuries while stitching up new ones that appeared because of the old ones. The Captain remained by his lover's side the whole day and night, waiting for the results from Julia and looking after his subordinate. Julia had come back around midnight with the results, but when she handed them to Levi he didn't understand what was happening. He looked up to her, hoping she would wear her gentle smile and tell him that Eren would be fine, but instead he saw a remorseful look on her face. The brunette bowed slightly as she told him what was on the paperwork she had handed the Captain.

" It's as it says on the paper, in more medical terms, but I'm sorry Sir. Eren's dying, and if he doesn't use his will to live then he'll die in about five months time."

' "Five months time"? He'll die in December? ' Levi thought as he remembered that his birthday is in that given month, he didn't want to imagine what would happen. His hand clutched Eren's tightly, entwining their fingers with each other's as if the man were grasping Eren's life strings together. Julia's team of nurses came over in their direction but went over to the bed next to the teen's bed, and they lay a blonde petite girl in the bed. The group left, along with Julia, and Levi was left alone with Historia and Eren. The girl was awake when they brought her back to her bed, and as soon as the group of Nurses had left she had exploded with questions for the man.

" How is he? Is he going to be alright? Are his injuries healing? Are you okay?! Well??!!" She took in a couple of breaths since she asked all that in a single breath.

Levi sat on Eren's bed facing Historia's direction, and hung his head low, allowing his shoulders to shake. The girls eye's widened and asked something once more, " Levi, what's wrong?"

Her Captain looked up to face her, tears streaming down his face from his shadowed black eyes, and quickly looked back down to the ground, trying to regain his composure. He took a few minutes calming himself down before answering the girl.

" Eren he.... he's dying, he's dying Historia. Unless he finds a reason to live he'll die."

" ........... How much time does he have?"

" ... About five months from now, some time in December..."

Historia covered her mouth with her hand, shoulders shaking, hands trembling, and silent cries leaked from her tightly clamped lips every now and then. Both the Captain and the girl remained silent after a while before Levi had to leave. He planned on telling Eren's friends about what was happening then he'd leave to go see the Commander.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Eren's group of friends all gathered in the dinning hall after being alerted by the Captain, they all sat in silence until they saw Levi walk in with the last of the group, Historia. Mikasa stood up in shock and anger.