Chapter Sixteen: I don't understand

The images being displayed before his vision were memories, so he had now remembered that he had come here before but last time he came here.... he was with Historia. The teen looked around for his Captain, heart racing now, and his breathing was chaotic. He tried to call out but his voice wouldn't allow him to, then he heard a faint snap in the distance. Eren turned his head in the direction the sound had originated from as fast as he could, but saw nothing there. He squinted his eyes as he saw a black figure moving from where he heard the snapping noise, and finally calmed down. Eren had called out just in case though.

" Levi?! Is that you?!"

Nothing.

" Levi??!!" He tried shouting louder.

Still nothing.

Eren didn't know who was there and he didn't know where he was, so he tried looking around for some kind of shelter. When he started walking away he heard the figure moving, so Eren started to pick up the pace, eventually he was forced to run. He kept running until he came across a huge mansion, he didn't spare any time to get inside, slamming the door shut and locking it. Eren had caught his breath that he had lost while running, and looked up scanning the building he had just entered. Eren saw that some candles were lit and that they formed a path, so he followed them. They led him from the front door, down the hallway, up the flight of stairs, and to one of many bedrooms that were in the building. As he was following the candles, multiple flashes of images appeared in his sight.

He's been here before, the memories were still coming to him but something was missing. Much rather... someone. All that he had to go by was a black figure that he had encountered in this building. When he reached the door to the bedroom, he hesitantly grabbed hold of the handle and opened it. Inside lay a room that he was familiar with and a man standing in front of the window that sat across from where the teen was standing. He approached the figure slowly but he soon let out a sigh of relief when he realized it was someone he knew... Captain Levi. Eren kept quiet long enough to be close to the man's back, he crept to the right, and gently punched Levi's arm playfully.

Levi, who was shocked and scared from the action, had stared at the teen before him and let out his breath, chuckling lightly.

" Damn brat, I thought you were someone else. You know better, but then again you never did let a scolding let your fun diminish. Nope you always found a reason to smile and laugh." Levi took his hand and rubbed the top of Eren's head lightly, ruffling his hair.

' It's so soft, and frankly being here in front of him like this is almost too cruel. But, I need to do this to you... I'm sorry, Eren. ' Levi's intention of meeting Eren here was so he could regain his memories of the events that occurred in this mansion. He felt terrible for what he was going to tell his lover but it was the only way to separate from him. The only way for him to regain the majority of his memories back, the pain, the pleasure, everything.

" Eren... What I'm about to tell you, you probably won't believe it at first... But just know that I would never lie to you, alright?"

Eren nodded his head, " I know that, so what do you want to tell me?"

Levi opened his mouth.

But nothing came out of it.

He couldn't do it...

Levi couldn't bring himself to do it, he couldn't. He slowly sat himself down onto the giant bed within the room and covered his face with his hands. ' I can't do it... I can't... I can't hurt him again... ' Eren watched his Captain and put on a perplexed look. He walked over to the man and sat down on the floor, on his knees, in front of him. The teen had never seen him show such emotions before, a few days ago he was smiling and laughing, and now he was on verge of crying. ' He reminds me of myself before I became a scout, no even after I became one. ' Eren took both of his hands and grabbed hold of the Captain's, causing the man to flinch a bit.

" Sir? Are you oka-" Eren didn't get to finish, he couldn't.

Levi had leapt at him and held him in a tight embrace, it startled the teen but at the same time it showed him that the Captain needed someone to hold onto like this. Something in his heart had been broken and he was desperately looking for someone who would be able to fix it. He returned the embrace and held him as tight as Levi was holding onto him, and a few seconds later he heard the faint sobs that he thought he'd never hear. Eventually Eren heard the man compose himself a little bit and heard him begin to speak.

" I'm s.... sorry Eren, but after Armin found out the identity of the Female Titan, it only piled onto the remorse and regret you had with the deaths of my comrades. That day you had asked of me to punish you, I should've just declined and loved you like a normal person would, but I was so frustrated about their deaths that I would've done anything to anyone."

Eren's hold started to loosen, he was confused, " I don't understand, Sir."

Levi chuckled slightly, " Of course you wouldn't, but maybe this is for the best. Listen to me Eren, both of us were in this house before. You had run away from headquarters and came after you. After that is when everything started to change. But before that you were trapped in the dungeon because of me, I hurt you, tortured you.... raped you."

Eren wasn't sure on how to take this, he was sure Levi was lying about this, but he soon got confirmation that what he thought was wrong. Flashes of images were splayed in front of him, and they showed of what Levi had just told him.

Levi continued, " And Eren, you hurt Jean. You hurt Mikasa, Historia was lucky to avoid you but she had brought the Commander, and I wasn't there, and he hurt you much worse than I did. I guess there was still a part of me that wanted to protect you... Eren...?"

The images never stopped, Eren watched them like he were being interrogated for something he didn't do. The images were so morbid, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Much more...

He didn't want to.

AN: Ok here it is, the sixteenth chapter. It's kinda hard to update this now that I'm doing Goretober for YT and I still have homework and such for school, but I'll try my hardest to update this as much as I can!!! I hope you enjoyed!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...