Aphasia

Some readers may be familiar with Primary Progressive Aphasia, often associated with dementia, but there are many more types. 

Aphasia is not something that affects one particular age group, gender, ethnicity or genetic type. It impacts the lives of children, teenagers, young adults, the middle age and the elderly. It can happen to men and women, and to those of every race or religion around the world. Anyone can develop aphasia regardless of your family's health history.

Whether it be Broca's, Wernicke's, Global, Anomic or another variation of aphasia, it is my hope that in sharing this book, and talking about aphasia, we can bring light to this condition. 

To give attention to all that someone living with Aphasia goes through. 

To instigate a call for more research so that a cure and/or solutions for those living with aphasia may be found.

If you have a resource or information about aphasia you would like to share with our community, please feel free to do so in the comments section so that we can all benefit. The more people share, the better we can understand.

Here are some links to resources online where I've learned about this condition (so that I could publish the information above and so that I could write this novel) and where you may find more information:

www.asha.org

www.aphasia.org

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/aphasia

http://www.strokeassociation.org/STROKEORG/LifeAfterStroke/RegainingIndependence/CommunicationChallenges/Types-of-Aphasia_UCM_310096_Article.jsp#.W5PTo-hKjIU

http://www.stroke.org/we-can-help/survivors/stroke-recovery/post-stroke-conditions/physical/aphasia