23

Chapter 23

I fell to my knees as I felt the bullets in my back. I grabbed Killian's legs as I felt my body become weak. Some of the men came and uncuffed Killian then took the blindfold off. I'm about to fall to the ground and that's when Killian grabs me.

"Love why did you do that?" I smile. "The President woke up." He smiles but that's when I start to feel even more weak. He looks down and shakes his head. "Emma...." My vision starts to get blurry. I caress his cheek and smile.

"I'm sorry," I softly say as my whole world turns dark.

Killian's POV
I scream and Emma doesn't wake up. I pick her up and I turned and I see everyone just standing there. "Someone get me a car!" That's when I see Jay holding the door open to one of the Jeeps. I place her in the passenger side and ran back to my side and get in.

I stepped on the gas and drove back to the med bays. I get there and I see Elsa and Jefferson. I park the car and I rush out to grab Emma. I pick her up and I see them gasp. "What happened?" Elsa asks and I rush inside and placed her on the bed. "She got shot, three times I believe." Elsa nods as she starts to check her.

That's when the rest of her medical team start to work on her. My head is spinning, why did she get in front? God I was dying. That's when I walk to the other side of the med Bay and I see the president sleeping. I sigh in relief knowing that he woke up.

I walk back towards where Emma was at, and the team is rushing Emma into the OR. I make my way in there but Jefferson stops me. "Gives us time, we need to work in there without any distractions." I nod. "Please save her." He nods.

That's when Gold walks in. I scoff then socked him in the face. He scoffs then nods. "Feel better now that you've hit me captain?" I nod. "I knew this was all your doing you filthy animal." He chuckles. "I'm just here to let you know that there will be a helicopter to take the president back to his land." I nod.

"And since there are parties that are associated with us, I have decided that nothing ever happened here." I gave him a weird look. "What does this mean?" He scoffs. "That you will have the position of captain again and your partner can come back." I nod.

"Be careful captain because if another situation like this happens, I'll make sure you're the one who's fighting for your life." I scoff. He walks away and I try my best to calm down. That's when I hear a helicopter outside of the med Bay.

I walk outside and I see men rushing into the med Bay. I see them take the president and get in the helicopter. They all get in their cars and drove off leaving us here as if nothing happened. Jay walks up to me and salutes. "Captain, your orders?" I smile. "Get back to your posts men, and clean everything up, everything is going back to the way it was." They all nod and walked away.

I make my way back inside and the team is still working on Emma. That's when I hear a loud cry. I rush inside and I hear the monitor flat lining. Everyone is standing around Emma and they are covered in blood. I see Elsa doing chest compressions on Emma.

My heart dropped, Emma can't be dead, she can't. Elsa is in tears, as she continued to do chest compressions. I walk up to Emma but Jefferson pushes me back. "I need to be at her side!" I scream. Jefferson nods and let's me go up to Emma.

Elsa looks up at me and her eyes are red as can be. "I'm trying Killian, she lost a lot of blood." I nod. Everyone is just silent watching her, that's when I walk up to Elsa. "Let me do it." She nods. I start to do chest compressions on Emma. Tears fill my eyes.

I can't let her die, I love her. Ever since we met that day at the hospital, I've been head over heels for her. Jefferson sighs. "Captain she's gone." I scream. "No, she can't die not on my watch." I continue to do chest compressions as memories of us flooded my mind.

As I was standing there about to die my only regret was not being able to form a life alongside Emma. Sure we had different values but that's why I did what I did. I know we would have made this all work. And now she gave her life for me.

That's when Elsa touches my shoulder. "Killian, she's been gone for 10 minutes." I shook my head. "No I can't let her go, she can't die for me." I stopped and I touched her face. "My love you can't leave me, come back to me Emma." The flat like continued, and I hear cries all around the room.

"Doctor Elsa, please call time of death," I hear Jefferson say. I look up at Elsa as I clutch on to Emma's body. "No she's not dead!" I scream. "She can't be dead, I should be on this table not her." Elsa touches my shoulder.

"Captain I must call out time of death." I shook my head. "No if you don't call time of death, she's not dead." She looks at me with tears still in her eyes. That's when Jefferson scoffs. "This is a war zone, Emma died with honor like any other soldier." I let go of Emma's body and gave him a scowling look.

"Emma isn't just any other solider, those soldiers out there they are my men, and if they die here it is with honor, but this woman here is not dead, she is the love of my life and has to live." Everyone else stood silent.

Elsa looks at me and I nod. "Call it," I say as I hug Emma and give her one last kiss.

"Time of death...."