Part Seventy-Nine

ONE MONTH LATER

"....And I know now, that I'm so down. Your lipstick stain is a work of art I've got your name tattooed in an arrow heart, and I know now, that I'm so.... HERE WE GO VAGAS!"

Blinking against the blinding flash of lights I watched as Luke, Calum and Michael did a synchronized jump earning loud cheers of excitement from the audience.

Well aware that I was being filmed, I tried hard to keep my tongue in my mouth and not look like an absolute idiot as I drummed, my hands so slick with nervous sweat I nearly lost my drumstick.

“….and I know now that I’m so down!”

Drumming wildly I watched as the other boys went wild then stopped abruptly, however it was far from silent, instead thousands of screams rang through the air. Rising to my feet I made my way off stage after the others and was immediately pulled into a hug by Luke.

“The VMAs!”

“The BMAs,” Michael corrected.

“The BMAs!” Luke squealed, “We just played the freaking BMAs!”

“I know!” I laughed.

“That was so cool!” Michael shouted, earning annoyed glances from crew members.

“You guys did super good!” Kendall Jenner purred, sauntering over to us.

“Thanks,” Luke replied, forcing a smile as he looked her up and down.

“How did you confuse us for One Direction when you…  “dated” Harry?” Michael demanded, putting air quotes around the word dated.

“I didn’t mess you up! I know who you are!” she giggled, “You’re like my favorite boy band ever!”

“We’re not a boy band.” Calum said slowly.

“Well what are you?” she demanded, hanging on Luke.

“Just a band.” I answered.

“A man band?” she purred, “You do have chest hair.”

Alarmed I watched as she reached over me and brushed her fingertips along Michael’s chest.

“Um, we’re gonna go,” Calum said, grabbing Luke by the arm and walking away, “Tell the lord I say hi.”

“Who?” Kendall asked.

“Your sister’s baby daddy.” Michael replied, “Oh shit, that’s all of them.”

Kendall threw her head back and laughed, “Ohhhhh are you talking about Scotty!”

“We’re gonna go,” Calum said again.

“Mase is like my best friend!”

“That’s cute.” Calum called over his shoulder.

“I love your band!”

“I’m not interested Kendall.”

“Luke I love your band!”

Rounding the corner and leaving Kendall behind Michael sighed, “Damn.”

“What?” I asked.

“That chick is nuts!” he cried.

“I see where Kylie gets it.” Luke sighed.

“Five seconds of summer?” a girl asked suddenly, rounding the corner.

“Uh, who wants to know?” Michael demanded, raking her up and down with his eyes.

“I’m Jess,” she replied.