Amy POV

My alarm clock is going crazy. It can't be Monday already! My weekend went by so quickly. I stop the alarm, run straight to my bathroom, and start to get ready for school.

Maria has breakfast on the table. I quickly eat, and I'm making my way to her room to say goodbye when I hear mumbling. I hear giggles. What the hell?! I peek through the crack of the door, and I see my dad getting dressed. Maria walks up to him with his tie in her hand. She puts it around his neck, but before she can adjust it, she tugs on the tie, kissing my dad's lips. I don't know what to think or feel. I tiptoe away from there and run out the front door. All the way to school, I kept thinking about them. This is the second time now. What does that even mean?

My day at school is uneventful. Alyssa avoids me at all costs. I try to do the same, but each time, my mind strays back to her. I keep thinking of her smile. I keep smelling her. I keep remembering her new bra. I keep imagining how she would look in it. Honestly, I have never thought about any of the girls I've dated like this. I'm usually just all about the pleasure.

Today is now Wednesday, and I have enough of giving her time. I want some time with her. I'm thinking of even doing something intentional to grant me a detention with her. I try my hardest to throw myself in my practice. This evening, I have a date with Avery. Even her I'm finding I don't really have any interest in, anymore. I don't know what's going on with me. I try not to be alone so that my thoughts won't stray to Alyssa. I spend as much time with Chuck as I can. My latest win from him is fifty dollars. I think luck was on my side that specific day. He is really good at basketball. 

All these thoughts get interrupted by Ms. Wade. She walks in and greets as per normal. I stare at her even though she has assigned work to us and is back at her desk. She looks up, and our eyes meet. I deliberately lick my lips. I can see her blush. She quickly hangs her head. I decide to do my work, and also leave something on it to get her attention. After completing my work, I draw a tiny image up in the right-hand corner. I have an image of two fingers and a tongue between them. I slip my paper on her desk and leave the room.

The day ends, and I have no practice until tomorrow. I leave school and try to ready myself for my date. Avery is an awesome girl, but I just don't want to go there with her. I keep thinking of Alyssa. I keep wishing she were Avery. I want to rid myself of these thoughts. Alyssa isn't the reason I feel like this. I just don't want to hurt Avery. That's it! It has to be.
Avery shows up on time to pick me up.

We will watch a movie tonight. We reach the theater, and the movie begins almost instantly. Midway through, I feel Avery slipping her hand in mine. We finish the movie holding hands. When we walk out to her car, she pushes me against it, kissing my lips. I return her kisses, but I wish it were Alyssa. What is happening to me? I break the kiss first and suggest we head home, using the "we have school in the morning" excuse.