97: La fuite de l'amour

<Author's Note Begins>

Finally the amour engagement will begin. This marks a landmark in the journey of our protagonist couple. So it will be unfair to begin this phase of their life without paying tribute to the XY series where it all began. So before you read ahead do listen to the XY theme song put in the video above.

<Author's Note Ends>

(2 Months Later)

Serena is sitting in her room. Her eyes are closed and she is barely able to contain the excitement of her body. Glee is galore on her face as she clasps her left hand close to her chest just like a mother embraces her newborn child in a hug. All that is visible is a shiny ring which is shining on the third finger of her left hand. She takes a deep breath and open her Cerulean blue eyes. Her face is glowing with every fiber of her being is trying very hard not jump around in glee as the memory of what happened 4 hours ago runs through her mind possibly for the 1000th time.

(4 Hours Earlier)

Serena walks into rooftop garden of her Le Cirque restaurant. As soon as she walks in she sees the garden in beautiful condition with the flower bushes well maintained and several Beautifly and Vivillon flying around with several Flababe floating here and there. She sees Ash standing on the other end of the garden. His back is turned towards her as he takes in the sights of Lumiose city from where he is standing. Serena on seeing Ash ,waiting for her, smiles and starts walking towards him.

"Ash. What's up? You called me." Serena says as she comes close to Ash.

"Yes. I did. Good to see you Sere." Ash says as he turns around. On turning around Serena notices that Ash is wearing more formal clothes than usual.

"Ash. What's going on? Why are you dressed so formally?" Serena asks.

"Well what can I say? It is a special occasion." Ash replies. Serena gets confused on hearing that.

"Special occasion? But my birthday is next month." Serena replies.

"Yes. But it also happens to be the 3 year anniversary of our first kiss." Ash says. Serena on hearing that gets shocked.

"Oh my god. I can't believe I forgot that." Serena says with a tone of horror as she mentally scolds herself for forgetting it.

"Never mind. Besides I have a gift for you." Ash says as he hands Serena a gift paper wrapped box.

"I am so sorry Ash. I'll buy you something soon. I promise." Serena says as she takes the gift from Ash.

"I know you will." Ash says before pausing for a moment. Serena simply stares back at Ash while holding the git in her hand.

"Well go on. Open it." Ash encourages her. Serena starts beaming on hearing that and then starts unwrapping her present while mentally setting a reminder that she must buy Ash a gift as well before they both go back to KIP together.

"It's beautiful. I love it." Serena says as she sees the Matryoshka doll from the Hoenn region. She sees the Matryoshka doll resembles her and has the words engraved on it 'The Key to Our Heart Is Inside.'

"Go ahead open it." Ash says as he smiles back. On hearing that Serena one by one keeps taking out the larger nestling doll and placing it on the table near her. Finally the last doll is left. On removing that Serena sees a black velvet box present inside. She gets curious and is about to open it when suddenly Ash swipes it before she can touch it. Ash smirks as Serena looks at her in a confused manner.